Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel like im gonna puke.
Today i inserted a cathether to a 70 year old woman. I am gay but still, I AM DONE WİTH VAGİNAS. That was gross i mean.. i couldn't do anything for an hour after the procedure. Ugh i feel sick.

uhh .

i really don't mean to be offensive or anything , but grow the hell up .

from the sounds of it , you're working in a job that really helps people .
who the hell cares that you had to see an old woman's vagina . assuming that she's ill , the catheter was probably something that she really needed .

a job that helps people like that should never ever be about whether or not you're sexually attracted to the people/things involved .
if you only want to see attractive men , then go get a different job .

omg nooo you have a job that helps people but occasionally you have to see something you're not sexually attracted to . i feel so terrible for you . because obviously old women who are sick only deserve to be helped by people who are attracted to them , and then definitely deserve to have part of their anatomy called gross on an internet forum . obviously .

again . grow up .

Rumble,
if you were serious, you probably should find another job.

eeewww, I'm sorry rumble maybe that's just not your thing, it's definitely not mine. I mean I think it's great helping people but I don't know if I could handle some one rushed in with a limb hanging off.Pukeface

Not pleasant, but if you are going to work in the medical field, you have to separate work form anything personal and get over it. You can't refuse to help or treat or care for someone based on their gender and which part of their body needs your attention.

If you can't do that, then that is the wrong line of work for you.

I'm assuming that you are a nurse or something along those lines. If you are so grossed out by putting catheter in a vagina then why the h*** did you go to school for this. It would be the same to say that somebody who is grossed out by the sight of blood would go to paramedic school. Why would you do it?

I understand that vaginas do not turn us on, but this is not the premise behind helping out persons in need. I for one am a parmedic and I deffinitely did not go to medic school so that I can look at 9" pen*s all day, but instead it was to help people who did not have the ability to help themselves. In my job, I see chests on a regular basis (both male and female) when I do ECG's which occurs on a regular basis throughout my shift. This does not gross me out, but if it did I guess I would go to school and become a veternarian. This is my choice, and this is what life is all about.

Being grossed out by vaginas is no different then those who get grossed out by being around gay people. If you don't like being around gay people, then get the he** away from me. As would be the same, it is the decisions that we make as individuals that put us in positions in our lives to be secure with what we are doing and, essentially, not be grossed out. I guess it's a really good thing that you didn't go to school to be an obstetrician, huh?

Scott.

You have to learn that you do such work as help for others not a entertainment for you ..then it works and you can do it. See is as a job, as a help.... and tell your colleague that it is hard for you and you need time till your brain accept it as work.
It is not easy to learn... suppress your feelings... think about what you would have for feelings if someone has to do it for you with the same feelings you have now.... don´t show that it disgust you.... that is very important. You are brave enough Smile

I hear what some people are saying, but give him some slack guys he's 16, not some 25 year old qualified doctor......

ObW
x

OlderButWiser Wrote:I hear what some people are saying, but give him some slack guys he's 16, not some 25 year old qualified doctor......

ObW
x

but the point still stands though . in the field of work he's doing , whatever age he is , then he shouldn't complain about having to see things that he doesn't find sexually pleasing .
which is true of the majority of jobs , but especially in medical care .

OlderButWiser Wrote:I hear what some people are saying, but give him some slack guys he's 16, not some 25 year old qualified doctor......

ObW
x

^This. Don't be too harsh on the guy, he's young and probably doesn't have half the life experience that many of you currently do.