Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel like shit.
My life has been going so well lately. but right now i feel like I'm about to cry. Regardless of all the friends I've made over the past month I still feel so empty. I am really lonely out of work. I can't help but think this is how its always going to be; not to mention i just feel upset because i don't have a best friend i can tell this too anymore. This computer can only do so much. I haven't had a real hug in a really long time---like at least 5 years. I just feel crummy and with the holidays here---i chose to work on all the holidays because i know i am going to be alone. but that doesn't solve the problem. i need to meet someone that right for me but with school over and out of my life; i guess i just don't know how to make friends in the real world without looking like a real creep. Everyday I try to look my nicest but every guy customer just walks by. not the slightest bit interested. I feel ugly. I have bee trying so hard lately, doing my eyebrows and my hair and putting on my most charming smile----nothing. am I ugly? Am I always going to be single? I haven't even been on a real date yet! I think I'm going to go cry now. :frown:

You feel like shit.

But that haircut is shit HOT!

Smile

Babe, you're totally cute. I like the haircut and you have a great smile. I've seen your other pix.

Sometimes other people can pick up on negativity. So, you don't have to go around being fake happy and Pollyannish all day long--that would drive everyone crazy (and probably require a lot of drugs too).

But try to take some satisfaction in your life. Get a hobby. Find an interest. Something to distract you from working through the holidays and what seems to be loneliness.

First rule of dating: take care of yourself FIRST. You can't take care of anyone else until you have taken care of yourself.

That doesn't mean you can't be sad every now and then. Most of us are sad from time to time. But you really need to find some happiness INSIDE YOURSELF.

You're cute on the outside. I bet if you look, you'll find you're cute on the inside too.

Smile

No you are not ugly and I really doubt you will be single for life - you are only 22.

As for how you feel about yourself, only you can change you and, changing your outside does no good if the inside still needs work. Figure out what you really need to change and, get to work doing it.

It may not be fast or easy, but being honest with yourself is the best way to become who you want to be.

Bighug and a slap on the arse for good measure Wink

The thing with life is when it is on the up, it takes a while to get to the peak, but when you reach the peak you with feel euphoric as you have achieved the happiness you desire...but rush these things and you will fall quicker than you rose...patience my good friend, you are worth something special Wink

You sound like I felt in March. I'm not kidding, talk with your friends (the ones you are out to) and do something with them. C'est tres important! Do something silly, do something normal, do anything mundane, but spend time with people. Ask them if they want to just hang out at the mall and make fun of the mall walkers, ANYTHING.

Counselor Wrote:You sound like I felt in March. I'm not kidding, talk with your friends (the ones you are out to) and do something with them. C'est tres important! Do something silly, do something normal, do anything mundane, but spend time with people. Ask them if they want to just hang out at the mall and make fun of the mall walkers, ANYTHING.

Thats the best advice ever. When I feel terribly lonely (and I do) I try to absorb myself in what I can. I know that by going out with the friends I do have, I'm more likely to come across new ones. Don't be afraid to widen out. Even if you're not up for it, Like Counselor says, try to spend time with others. You never know who you might meet whilst you're out there. Some of the best relationships (friendships or more) can be started by simply saying hello =)

I send you Hugs, Keep your chin up =)

The problem isn't your look i can tell you thatBig Grin

Indeed it's not! You're gorgeous hunni, don't ever doubt that.

Lewis are you sure it's not depression?
Never give up on yourself, you make the effort and people will notice.

Give yourself time to heal from the past months turmoil.
Bighug

Rainbowmum Wrote:Lewis are you sure it's not depression?
Never give up on yourself, you make the effort and people will notice.

Give yourself time to heal from the past months turmoil.
Bighug

It's not depression. I am definetely much happier than i was months ago. I guess i'm just in a hurry to have a relationship and I'm being a wuss about it :\ I guess i should just suck it up and wait like everyone else. I just wonder when it'll be my turn....