Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel really guilty
I've been acting pretty masculine lately, but I don't know if that's who I am so I feel guilty about it.

That's kind of because I have a semi-concious belief that masculine gay men are less gay than feminine gay men.

Why should you be guilty though? Did you offend or hurt anyone? I would call it just a behavior experiment or phase, whichever you prefer. If you realized that that's not really who you are, then no harm done, go back to however you were acting before. At least that's how I see it.

I don't understand. My guess is that perhaps you've separated traits into "masculine" and "feminine" and feel you have to choose one or the other. In that case stop thinking like that and try to be you instead of living up to some arbitrary image. I've heard some say there's a little woman in every man and vice versa, and that's for straight people, too.

OTOH, if you're trying to "be a man to impress the men" around you then that would mean you should develop more self-confidence so you didn't look for approval from everyone else.

Pix Wrote:I don't understand. My guess is that perhaps you've separated traits into "masculine" and "feminine" and feel you have to choose one or the other. In that case stop thinking like that and try to be you instead of living up to some arbitrary image.

OTOH, if you're trying to "be a man to impress the men" around you then that would mean you should develop more self-confidence so you didn't look for approval from everyone else.

I'm not. I'm just being myself and lately that has translated to more masculine behavior.

Haven't we had a thread on this already?

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=27081

I think most gay men are more masculine than the Hollywood view. Don't worry about it, it doesn't make you "less gay." Even if it made you unusual it's still ok to be different.

Arkansota Wrote:I'm just being myself
Arkansota Wrote:but I don't know if that's who I am

If you're being yourself by being a bit masculine, then you shouldn't worry that being a bit masculine isn't who you are.

Quote:That's kind of because I have a semi-concious belief that masculine gay men are less gay than feminine gay men.

When I first came out to people I was caught in this weird funk of self-consciously acting more effeminate while simultaneously trying not to overdo it, lest I weird people out. I realized it would be easier to just act like I always do. Which is neither overly masculine nor more than the occasional effeminate inflection. It's hard to shake those subconscious thoughts sometimes.

Being gay just means you like other men. Nothing more, nothing less.

Arkansota Wrote:I've been acting pretty masculine lately, but I don't know if that's who I am so I feel guilty about it.

That's kind of because I have a semi-concious belief that masculine gay men are less gay than feminine gay men.

You're just as much of a fag as I am and as all the other fags here u.u
You're as gay a the twinks and the queens and you're as gay as the bears and the otters. You're gay. Gay fag poof poofder faggot homo queer all of these you are as am I and lots of others here.

Just have fun in life and be happy and have thos around you happy and life will be rainbow. (If people are unhappy with you are just put them in the recycling bin and cut them outta your life.)

Pengy
Quack