Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I finally graduated! WHEW!!!
After a very long 5 years, 190 credits (I know, ridiculous), and flip-flopping with my choice of degree, I graduated college today. I received my undergraduate degree in Psychology with a specialization in addiction and recovery. I plan to attend graduate school next and obtain a Master's in Social Work with hopes of eventually becoming a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I want to work primarily with clients that struggle with addiction and mental health disorders (and no, I will not be kicking in doors and taking babies out of homes!).

This was not an easy accomplishment for me. I am active duty in the Army, involved in community organizations, married (for a little while longer), and a very involved father. Juggling all these things while being a student and maintaining a high GPA was incredibly taxing.

I'm so thankful that I'm done and even more thankful for the support I got from my family along the way.

Anyone else out there graduate this spring and if so, what did you study?

Congratulations!

I'm leaving the university tomorrow without graduation, but by my own choice. I realized everything is too hard for me there.

I'm sorry to hear that Edward. Sad I hope that things work out for you though!

Congrats Shannon. I'm sure you will be excellent Clinical Social Worker. After all you have been through you are one step closer to your dream. I'm about to obtain my Master's degree this summer, so I fully understand your excitement.

Awesome, way to go ddd!

Edward Wrote:Congratulations!

I'm leaving the university tomorrow without graduation, but by my own choice. I realized everything is too hard for me there.

don't give up, if anything take a break or switch university. you can do it I felt the same way at some point.

congratulations Shannon, it takes a lot of sacrifices to make it but it pays off at the end Smile
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Congratulations Shannon~ You're such an inspiration! I feel a bit embarrassed cause I'm studying full time but only manage to maintain an average CGPA. Anyway,I'm graduating this fall with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics degree. I'm planning to further study as well,hopefully abroad,waiting for a scholarship result to come out this month,ah so anxious waiting. >.<

Whohoa! Congrats! :-)

Shannon Wrote:After a very long 5 years, 190 credits (I know, ridiculous), and flip-flopping with my choice of degree, I graduated college today. I received my undergraduate degree in Psychology with a specialization in addiction and recovery. I plan to attend graduate school next and obtain a Master's in Social Work with hopes of eventually becoming a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I want to work primarily with clients that struggle with addiction and mental health disorders (and no, I will not be kicking in doors and taking babies out of homes!).

This was not an easy accomplishment for me. I am active duty in the Army, involved in community organizations, married (for a little while longer), and a very involved father. Juggling all these things while being a student and maintaining a high GPA was incredibly taxing.

I'm so thankful that I'm done and even more thankful for the support I got from my family along the way.

Anyone else out there graduate this spring and if so, what did you study?

Nice coincidence. I'm in my 21st year of this very career! Congratulations and stay on track, full speed ahead!!! WaveyLuvkissXyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Edward Wrote:Congratulations!

Now that takes courage! Congratulations on figuring out and taking a step in your own best interest! Best wishes in the next chapter! Remybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart