Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I finally graduated! WHEW!!!
Congratulation!! I really needed to read something positive along these lines. I just finished my second year of PreMed. So...2 more years of PreMed, 4 years of medical school, and then the specialty I'm interested in requires a 3 year residency. I've been feeling bogged down in endless education, so it's great to read about someone who saw it through and stuck to it. And I respect your choice of wanting to be a social worker - people don't realize the varied and vital roles they fill.
Totally awesome man, thanks for sharing!

Congratulations friend! That's a great accomplishment.

Congratulations on graduating. Smile
An eye for an eye

Do you have a job lined up yet?

DeltaLover, no job lined up yet. I'm still active duty in the military and plan to retire first. Plus, upon retirement I intend to get into graduate school to get a Master's in Social Work. So I'm a few years away from working in the field. In the mean time, I just try to volunteer where ever I can and would like to maybe get a paid position working with substance abusers in order to get the experience and hours to be a licensed substance abuse counselor.

Brett, awesome that you're pre-med! Stick with it. It may be super difficult and the cost is HUGE, but hopefully you get your first choice with residency. Did you know that each branch of the military has scholarships to pay 100% of medical school? Food for thought.