Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I finally graduated! WHEW!!!
Congratulations.

Mexicanwave CONGRATULATIONS Mexicanwave

ObW
X

Congratulations Smile

Congratulations my friend! That's brilliant news! It's been a few years since I graduated (Hons History/English, Masters in Renaissance Lit) but that moment is one of the best of my life so I'm really excited for you! Graduation is the beginning of a whole new adventure - you're an inspiration to all of us! Smile

congrats now if only I was able to do that

Hey congrats! Seems nice that you have a clear direction to take. Uni was ball breaking when I had it so I know the relief of stress haha. Hope you had an awesome graduation Smile
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Shannon Wrote:After a very long 5 years, 190 credits (I know, ridiculous), and flip-flopping with my choice of degree, I graduated college today. I received my undergraduate degree in Psychology with a specialization in addiction and recovery. I plan to attend graduate school next and obtain a Master's in Social Work with hopes of eventually becoming a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I want to work primarily with clients that struggle with addiction and mental health disorders (and no, I will not be kicking in doors and taking babies out of homes!).

This was not an easy accomplishment for me. I am active duty in the Army, involved in community organizations, married (for a little while longer), and a very involved father. Juggling all these things while being a student and maintaining a high GPA was incredibly taxing.

I'm so thankful that I'm done and even more thankful for the support I got from my family along the way.

Anyone else out there graduate this spring and if so, what did you study?

Congrats, so a new life is starting for you I guess. Good luck!
Have you found a job? Are you gonna stay in your hometown?

I'll be graduated in November. I am doing my master thesis abroad, and for now, I really don't want to come back to France for my first job. I also don't know if I want to continue for a PhD, or if I want to work in the industry...well, I'm questionning a lot...it's frightening, stressful, but also an exciting part of life. Smile

Thanks for the congrats all!

Mamza, my GPA would be next to 0 if I tried to get your degree. Numbers and I are not friends...in fact, we despise each other! Good luck on the scholarship.

CCRox, we'll have to talk more about your experiences in this field.

Jaxx, if I hadn't gone for psychology I may have been inclined to get a degree in literature. I love Shakespeare, Dante, and many, many others.

SoverignQuantum, why can't you?

Congrats Shannon! Well done!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Congrats! I just graduated on Saturday with my B.S. in Communications. Yay us!