Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
...I hate doing good
Alright, so my best friend in the world is moving in with me for our senior year because her parents are moving and she wanted to finish her senior year here and my mom said she would. I should be excited right?

I'm not and I feel horrible about it.

In fact, I'm kind of mad. I think I'm projecting my hatred of my new half sibling onto her (a new person coming in you know) but I want someone to tell me that I'm feeling normal or totally like an ass.

Please help?

You worry about being an Ass a lot Coopey. (Coopey is your new nickname Big Grin ). Anyway I guess its not abnormal to feel sort of on the edge about someone new moving in? Yes you are mates but personally If I had to live with half of my mates I'd end up killing them!

You can only feel what you feel so stop worrying about being odd!!!!! It will more than likely be okay.. But if its not you can always bitch and moan on here :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

If you made the arrangements it is slightly odd Wink However, if the arrangements were foisted upon you it is perfectly normal to feel like your personal space is being eroded.

Hope it works out better than you fear.

Well to clarify, my mom offered when she found out she'd have to move during her senior year and her mom is calling tonight to work things out.

Tut mums/moms, always do what they think is best!!!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Something similar happened to me when I was in Grade 12, my best friend's mother moved to another city and he almost had to go. Fortunately I asked my parents if he could for the rest of the year so he could graduate with his friends. They agreed and he lived with me for 6 monthes before we both moved out because of university.

I never felt like there would be any competition or rivalry. He and I got along great during that time. Your friend will probably have things to keep her occupied, and she is probably just as worried about being intrusive. So don't think its going to be an awkward situation. You should sit down with her and just get out your worries so that you both know each other's boundries.