Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate to shower :( How often is "normal"?
Alto Wrote:You also do not have to use shower gel in the shower, sometimes no shower gel is nice

I never do. I have a good old fashioned soap bar.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I only use soap if it's my body that smells, and not just my armpits/crotch, if it's only those two, then i just give it a nice scrub Wink

I don't think you need to shower every day, unless you're prone to body odor.

There have been days where I get up for work, and if I skip the gym and just be a slug all evening, then I won't shower.

If I've worked out where I've built up a sweat, or done some sort of work where I could've gotten dirty (clean the car) then I will shower.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

This is a bit like a continuation of the thread I posted on the 4th of December:

https://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?t=38296
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I have less problems with taking a bath, and swimming isn't that problematic either.
I don't mind water running over my arms or legs, but water drops on my upper body, especially the belly, the back / neck, and the sides, is the part that I don't like.

It's okay once I actually stand in the shower, but thinking about it in advance makes me feel uncomfortable.

I am using shower gel "down there", under my arms and around my feet, and shampoo for the hair, otherwise mostly just water.

Could always try alternative cleaning methods...

http://www.motherearthnews.com/nature-an...azraw.aspx

https://www.ted.com/talks/ludwick_marish...anguage=en

MickTheMousie Wrote:I only use soap if it's my body that smells, and not just my armpits/crotch, if it's only those two, then i just give it a nice scrub Wink

Haha, for me it's what I'm used to. Never tried shower gels.

Uhm, well I'm not sure about the "necessity" part but I usually feel like I'm disgusting and filthy if I don't do it everyday. Plus, I work out, so...yeah, that's a mess Big Grin
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Bathing in a tub can be relaxing and if you can enjoy that, then try it for a while. Still, it would be a good ide to talk with a counselor about this because it does seem to indicate some hangups. You do owe it to others to be reasonably clean and to yourself to have a sensible regard for your own health.

I will sometimes skip getting cleaned up if I am doing nothing but hanging around the house in lounge pants and a t-shirt. When it comes time to go out to run errands, I take time for a bath and enjoy the time to relax before dealing with stores,and traffic. Use a bit of common sense about the cleaning up, but get some advice about the phobias. They are really different issues.
I bid NO Trump!

As a kid, I think we would take a bath once a week...seemed pretty normal. I take a shower at least once a day, when I go to the gym, I shower before and after using the pool. Since I do a bunch of sweating doing cardio and whatnot I don't want to be all sweaty going in and then wash off all the chlorine.

I use body wash (shower gels) normally, and I have a bar of soap for the gym that seems to help keep my skin moisturized, the pool all everything tend to dry out my skin pretty bad.

My recommendation for the OP is to take baths if you prefer not to do showers. I mean we all have our oddities, some people are flat out scared of water. At any rate, in my opinion most people should shower at least every 2 days, if you work out, sweat a lot or as other have mentioned, prone to body odor need to shower daily if not twice a day.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Insertnamehere Wrote:Haha, for me it's what I'm used to. Never tried shower gels.

Uhm, well I'm not sure about the "necessity" part but I usually feel like I'm disgusting and filthy if I don't do it everyday. Plus, I work out, so...yeah, that's a mess Big Grin

Well about that working out thing.... i really need to find the motivation Tongue