Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate to shower :( How often is "normal"?
MickTheMousie Wrote:Well about that working out thing.... i really need to find the motivation Tongue

Not losing your sexy, youthful body...

general hygene is very important. Brush teeth and shower daily and after exercise or activities that cause you to sweat. Hair washing isn't necessary daily but a wash definately is. Have you tried dried shampoo? This is something you can use to keep the hair clean and doesn't require any water. Also a damp flannel over the important areas ie, groin, anus, face, underearms (maybe not in that order haha) just to keep things fresh

MickTheMousie Wrote:Well about that working out thing.... i really need to find the motivation Tongue

kindy64 Wrote:Not losing your sexy, youthful body...

Yeah don't wait until 10 years after you finished school and realize you've put on 15 kilos.... Sad
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I usually shower once a day here.

Anonymous Wrote:It's okay once I actually stand in the shower, but thinking about it in advance makes me feel uncomfortable.

Train yourself to associate having a shower with good feelings rather than negative so you shift away from the worry. It's like having a form of insomnia where you worry you're not going to get enough sleep so you end up not sleeping. Maybe get some really nice shower products, loofahs, whatever, anything that will add to this becoming more of an enjoyable experience. Also you could start preparing a nice breakfast to look forward to so you know you'll get it after the shower... I don't mean to make you sound like a dog, but this treat or whatever might help shift away the negative feelings into positive territory.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

As long as you don't stink it's ok, I guess. Personally I couldn't without showering every day. Shower helps me to wake up in mornings and relax from the working day in evenings. I like to feel fresh.

IanSaysHi Wrote:Train yourself to associate having a shower with good feelings rather than negative so you shift away from the worry. It's like having a form of insomnia where you worry you're not going to get enough sleep so you end up not sleeping. Maybe get some really nice shower products, loofahs, whatever, anything that will add to this becoming more of an enjoyable experience. Also you could start preparing a nice breakfast to look forward to so you know you'll get it after the shower... I don't mean to make you sound like a dog, but this treat or whatever might help shift away the negative feelings into positive territory.

Exactly this - I value my shower time - it's my time away from it all, just some music (usually some form of EDM or downtempo) and whatever products I'm using then. Shower gel, shave gel, lotions, etc. Plus I love being nude so that works even better in my favor Bounce

As for products, I'm a big Bath & Body Works whore - shower gel, cologne and lotion mainly. Gilette for deodorant (I'm allergic to something in a lot of different brands, so I stick by the Gilette clear gen stuff) and shave gel. I may also go the extra mile and soak my feet for 1/2 hour in epsom salt and warm/hot water. No baths though, tub is a bit too small for that.

But yeah, I can't leave the house for the day without a shower. And I absolutely abhor any body odor, on me or others.

Insertnamehere Wrote:Yeah don't wait until 10 years after you finished school and realize you've put on 15 kilos.... Sad

Trust me Insert i'm too scared of gaining weight for that to happen xD

MickTheMousie Wrote:Trust me Insert i'm too scared of gaining weight for that to happen xD

Get to it, then!! Zzwhip
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

For Mick and others who have dry skin:

A couple of years ago I started having skin problems, basically because I am an old fart. The doctor gave me a couple of hints. One was that long, hot showers or baths are drying because they remove the oils from your skin. Instead, use water that is just warm enough to be comfortable and don't stay in the shower or bath for too long. The other hint was to avoid drying soaps and other bath products. I had used Dial soap all my life and was told to try Dove. It helped. Also, don't go overboard with the suds. It is possible to do a thorough rinsing and cleaning with a washcloth and warm water, using no soap. If you have really dry skin, try this once in a while. You will not strip the oils from your skin as much. Going without bathing on low exertion days when you are just around the house is also a pretty good idea.
I bid NO Trump!