Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate to shower :( How often is "normal"?
You should be fine if you shower 2 to 3 times a week.

Are you sure the issue is with showers themselves? Like do you have an issue with the idea of going swimming in public pools or the ocean? Because it sounds kind of like hydrophobia to me.

LJay Wrote:For Mick and others who have dry skin:

A couple of years ago I started having skin problems, basically because I am an old fart. The doctor gave me a couple of hints. One was that long, hot showers or baths are drying because they remove the oils from your skin. Instead, use water that is just warm enough to be comfortable and don't stay in the shower or bath for too long. The other hint was to avoid drying soaps and other bath products. I had used Dial soap all my life and was told to try Dove. It helped. Also, don't go overboard with the suds. It is possible to do a thorough rinsing and cleaning with a washcloth and warm water, using no soap. If you have really dry skin, try this once in a while. You will not strip the oils from your skin as much. Going without bathing on low exertion days when you are just around the house is also a pretty good idea.

I probably do the opposite of all of this. Oops!!

Cridders88 Wrote:I probably do the opposite of all of this. Oops!!

Yeah, me too, except for the hot water, cause I can't stand it, it's always warm or cold.

I do love my soap very very much and sometimes I find myself washing my hands a bit more than I should. I like my skin clean even if it's dry. When it gets like that I sometimes use a moisturizer anyway.

Some peeps do have really really dry and sensitive skin though
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Yeah, me too, except for the hot water, cause I can't stand it, it's always warm or cold.

I do love my soap very very much and sometimes I find myself washing my hands a bit more than I should. I like my skin clean even if it's dry. When it gets like that I sometimes use a moisturizer anyway.

Some peeps do have really really dry and sensitive skin though

Why are you describing my skin xD

Once a year whether i need it or not