Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a date today.
Thanks again everyone for your input. I'm very grateful for it, and you, all. After a night's sleep and reading the posts here I feel much better about how everything went. I'm excited to see where this goes.

Wade Wrote:Thanks again everyone for your input. I'm very grateful for it, and you, all. After a night's sleep and reading the posts here I feel much better about how everything went. I'm excited to see where this goes.

Well it's about time you tried to do something with your sphincter besides use it to do finger puppet shows on your cam.

just read how the date went and it sounded perfect to me, the little awkwardness with the holding hands sounds like a thing that happens on most dates...shit happens...but you both handle it great and moved on, the text was very nice, really sweet m8, lets hope you both agree another date

So I sent him a text yesterday, nothing serious, just about how I listened to a band he suggested. He didn't write back. Then today I sent him another text asking if he wanted to see a particular play together.... nothing. I also know that since those texts he's gone back to his dating profile and updated some info.

So... I think I'm officially being ignored. It hurts a lot. I just wish that if he's not interested that he would just say so.

Sorry to hear that Wade. Ugg… It is SO difficult -- and maddening! If someone just ignores you, it says a lot about them, none of it good, so keep that in mind. And don't give up… just keep putting yourself out there!

Man.. Sorry to hear that Sad

So any suggestions for avoiding spiraling into a firestorm of self pity / woe is me-dom? Which is what everything inside me is screaming to do. I know this is only one person, but son of a bitch.... It's all I've been thinking about for this whole last week, and I felt so fucking happy. I felt like for the first time in my life I met someone that I really like and the feeling might actually be reciprocal! But nope. I'm so tired of this shit. Every single romantic endeavor I've ever pursued, since age 12 for fuck's sake, I've been rejected. Fucking why?

The worst part is I'll never know what went wrong with this guy. I gave it my all. I was as me as I could be, I was genuine... it's the best I've got. I've been in one situation where I was being pursued by a guy that I wasn't interested in, and you know what? I fucking told him so, as gently as I could, but I did tell him I wasn't interested. It was hard to do, but it was the right thing to do.

I have to go visit my dad in an hour and I'm in a poor shape to be doing that.

I know I'm making a bigger deal out of this whole thing than it deserves. It was just one date,I know I'll get over this, but right now self pity feels like a decent substitute for... whatever it is that I thought I might have.

I sure wish I had the words to make you feel better. I don't. I know everything you're going through. I have experienced this repeatedly over the past several decades. The only thing that helps is time. You'll get through it Bud. I know it's difficult, but keep your chin up.

You didn't f*** up at all and if Prince Charming doesn't take this opportunity, it will be his loss. Smile

Wade Wrote:So I sent him a text yesterday, [...]

Oh I hadn't read this.

The guy's probably an idiot and you deserve much better.