Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a date today.
Thank you very much guys. All of your responses are very moving and emotional affecting (effecting? .... who gives a fuck?). I think I need to re-hydrate now.

You can be proud of having the guts to put yourself out there and of knowing that you will do it again at some point in the future.

Don't try to police your emotions too much. It only tends to make you feel worse. Just allow yourself to go through whatever you're going through - yes, even those woe-is-me feels you're having. They will give up if you stop resisting.

And, just like Lycanthropist said, time heals.

Take care.

Wade Wrote:I know I'm making a bigger deal out of this whole thing than it deserves. It was just one date,I know I'll get over this, but right now self pity feels like a decent substitute for... whatever it is that I thought I might have.
Everyone is allowed to have their own feelings, including to sulk. But set a time limit on it. I would say, no more that 24 hours at the longest.

But the rest of it -- how this gets repeated -- that's a big question. We can't even approach it right now but it may be worthy of a discussion. I *understand* and I bet a lot of us do. Been there, done that, many, many times.

Go see your dad and be there doing that.

Aike Wrote:You can be proud of having the guts to put yourself out there and of knowing that you will do it again at some point in the future.

Don't try to police your emotions too much. It only tends to make you feel worse. Just allow yourself to go through whatever you're going through - yes, even those woe-is-me feels you're having. They will give up if you stop resisting.

And, just like Lycanthropist said, time heals.

Take care.

MikeW Wrote:Everyone is allowed to have their own feelings, including to sulk. But set a time limit on it. I would say, no more that 24 hours at the longest.

But the rest of it -- how this gets repeated -- that's a big question. We can't even approach it right now but it may be worthy of a discussion. I *understand* and I bet a lot of us do. Been there, done that, many, many times.

Go see your dad and be there doing that.

I'm taking this all very much to heart. Thank you, Mike and Aike.

I'm sorry to hear that happened Wade, you deserve better. hopefully this will just be the one bad egg. Bighug
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

anything new wadez?