Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a gay bestfriend and idont feel the same.
One of my best friends is gay and well I can't describe in words every thing he's done but let's say he wants one thing and I don't. He wants us tobe a none sexual Couple I know this won't work like he wants and it makes me feel akwqard that he keeps getting drunk and pushing this on me. He's my best friend and I don't want to ruin that. Hell. Iv beaten up his ex boy friends who cheated on him. I'm not being selfish I'm being honest and he won't listen.

Just tell him straight up that you are definitely not interested in being his boyfriend and all you want to be is his friend. Put some aggression in your voice lol. Make sure he knows that you're serious. If that doesn't work, you may have to ignore him for a while until he finally gets it. There's no point in preaching the same thing over and over. You obviously can't turn him down nicely since he's not listening to you.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]You aren't doing anything wrong!

First off, let me start by saying this: He's a lucky guy to have such a great friend like you. After the stuff that you've said he's done, many guys would react differently. The fact that you still want to stay close to him really says a lot about you!

But now to the problem at hand...
Have you told him all of this? Does he just do it when he's drunk? You two should definitely sit down and talk. Explain to him that you really care about him, but only as a friend. He should respect that you aren't interested, and try to move on. Tell him that it's hurting your friendship, and you don't want that to happen. You might even have to stay away from him when he gets drunk.

I hope that everything works out! Just remember, your feelings matter, too! If he can't respect that, he needs to think about himself as a person.

You sound like a great guy...good luck! Smile[/COLOR]

Thank y'all for yalls help. It hasent been easy wev had ur share of tough times and I think he should listen iv got hope now. The worst part is he was stationd on the other side of the country. And thing have been more strained. And today he decided to show up out of the blue. But I think he might listen . Sorry for typo I'm useing my phone.

Good luck! If you ever need to talk about this or any other problems, I'm here for you! Smile

Not an easy situation... in love-things people are selfish. Make it clear that you are his friend and not more and that you can´t and won´t more. Stop him immediately if he starts to make new plans for you both. You need lots of patience... but don´t give up, to be loved is not the worst thing what can happen

A purely platonic relationship can work, you just need to sit down with him sober and both talk this out, set boundaries and compromise.

If he starts carrying on when he is drunk, walk away, walk out...it's not fair to have that pressure and tension in any relationship.

dfiant Wrote:. . . you just need to sit down with him sober and both talk this out, set boundaries and compromise.

Exactly. Drunks don't ever listen.