Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have serious issues..
Hey everyone.

I know I haven't been here in forever, I've been so busy with school and personal issues... but I finally came out to someone a few nights ago. Granted, I was kind of a drunken mess.. but I came out to a gay friend I've been talking to recently. He has a boyfriend, so there's no hope there.. but he's been very supportive and has become a good friend. He was very cool and told me I can talk to him whenever I need to.

So now I have someone in person that I can actually talk and relate to about that side of my life. It's small but it's progress! Now I no longer have to feel like it's some big secret, and when I want to come out to the rest of my friends it won't be as hard.

Again thank you all for your responses here Smile!!

Hello gorgeous, it's good to hear from you Wink

I hope that you feel a weight has been lifted.

Don't be a stranger Wink I don't need competition
xxx

Tyrion Wrote:Hey everyone.

I know I haven't been here in forever, I've been so busy with school and personal issues... but I finally came out to someone a few nights ago. Granted, I was kind of a drunken mess.. but I came out to a gay friend I've been talking to recently. He has a boyfriend, so there's no hope there.. but he's been very supportive and has become a good friend. He was very cool and told me I can talk to him whenever I need to.

So now I have someone in person that I can actually talk and relate to about that side of my life. It's small but it's progress! Now I no longer have to feel like it's some big secret, and when I want to come out to the rest of my friends it won't be as hard.

you made a hell of a progress!!!!

Mexicanwave

congrats!!!!

Well its about TIME you get back on here!!!!

Glad you have somebody to talk too!

Tyrion Wrote:Hey everyone.

Tyrion, it only gets easier, the more you practise telling, the easier it is to tell your 'secret'. Good for you. Bighug

ardus Wrote:Hmmmmmmmm

I think that we as a community place to large a stake on coming out.

We look at it as an ideal that we should all aspire to.

The simple reality is this.

Some of us are in a place where it makes sense and some of us are not.

Here's where I am.

I've been a Soldier for 12.5 years. I don't make my personal life the business of my peers. If someone asks me, I'll tell the truth, but Idon't need to push it into their face.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Richard

In an ideal life, that's how it should be, Richard. No one should care or meddle with your private life and your private business. But some people get harrassed daily by their peers, parents, family, you name it... It's that one-too-many question, or remark about when you're going to bring a nice girl home for mum and dad to approve... It just gets so wearing.

It's probably easier for you who've left the family and are living your adult life in a completely different environment. I picture you as a rather 'solitary' person with regard to your family. Am I wrong? You've left the nest. All the family need to know is that you're out there defending the country and hopefully keeping safe. Now you are older, I presume your family are thinking you are just living your adult life and they don't need to worry. But do they?

For those who are closer to home, or even who are still living at home, coming out soon becomes a necessity. Everyone's circumstances are different. I, for one, managed to keep it to myself for decades, since I was away, and no one would have known what my love life was like, unless they asked. It was still quite obvious that I hadn't married and wasn't in a relationship (that they knew of) and in reality I wasn't. But how sustainable is eighteen (or even five) years of loneliness and aloneness? Coming out shouldn't be that milestone, but it still is for many of us. The day people don't care, it'll be fine by me.

I recently came out, I don't recommend using facebook but I guess it worked in some degree with my.
However my best friend was somewhat homophobic but he thought all gay guys had to fart out rainbows and sprinkles so you coming out might change his perspective.

He really changed from me coming out because he figured all homosexuals are into all guys they see. You'd be surprised how different in a positive way he will react most of the people who I thought was going to freak out ended up not.

My parents are slowly getting used to it and my family. They're a religious catholic family also, the first 2 days was hell then after that it got better and now its in the past and they know there is nothing to do. Just give them their space and let them get used to it if it does go negatively. I never changed how I act and I think thats what they're noticing.

But overall do it when your ready.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Well its about TIME you get back on here!!!!

Glad you have somebody to talk too!

Yet.. I disappeared again! My apologies!!

I actually got sick shortly after posting this (the flu which turned into bronchitis for 3 weeks), so it made my life a bit hectic. That said, I'm good now!

It's great to see familiar faces still here, and thanks for all your messages. Life is good at the moment Smile.

I plan to post here much more regularly now. Great to hear from you all again. I will not be a stranger anymore :p :hello-handsome-smil

I want to hear it all, I want to know everything...how are your wings, you are an angel right?

Sweetie the first step is always self acceptance.
Knowing you are gay and accepting it are two very different issues .

You will know when the right time is to come out,don't rush it.Confusedmile: