Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just picked up a 30 day ban...
Spellbound Wrote:Sylph, you know I love you. I mourned your loss when you changed names and I thought you were gone.

I shared my experience with the board because I wanted to, and I usually do what I want. That doesn't mean I care particularly about it, I just thought some people here would find it amusing. You could probably tell that from the tone of my posts.

I thought my response was very restrained actually. I'm not sure what you are objecting to.

Let me be a bit more specific then: I'm very careful who I take advice from, and so should everyone. If someone recommends a great French restaurant, and I don't think they'd know such a thing if it jumped up and hit them in the face, then I ignore that advice. That's not being rude, just sensible.

There, I didn't spit at you, right?

Peace and love.

Yeah, you love me, like a snake loves a mouse, unfortunately for that snake, this mouse has fangs too.

I actually changed my name once in nearly 2 years and this was awhile ago before I took my short hiatus, but I'm glad to hear that you missed me gurl.

I don't care if you just wanted to share it or whatever you felt like you had to do, however, if someone says something you don't agree with or can align yourself with, you do not respond with sarcasm and the like, it's not becoming of someone so refined and smart. Can't you put all that proper English to better use?

and it's not an amusing topic, you got banned... generally that is a bad thing, hardly funny even microscopically so.

I don't find restraint evident in fakeness, your form of restraint is deplorable, it's quite wicked, a smile to the face but a dagger to the back.

Correct, you should take advice carefully, but you do not treat advice you do not wish to take as trash nor the person, as they are under no obligation to advise you, nor are you to take the advice, so why respond like a dick?

You are entitled to say what you like, but how does belittling and berating someone for what they say anything but selfish, childish and just uncouth?

Spellbound, I don't know what goes down in France, whatever happened in your past or goes in your present, but I don't think your flippant attitude is wholly appreciated by some here, I know for me atleast it isn't.

and you ain't gotta like me nor I you, but you should atleast take into regard that your words speak volumes for the type of person you are and while you may be happy with that person, it would be selfish to subject others who are not to it.

I can't care for it anymore, however, I still don't appreciate you treating people the way you do and if they won't say what they want, then I will.

It's not fair of you to slap everyone with your tongue and not expect a lickin back.

And despite what I've said, I actually do consider you intelligent, however, I believe you do not have a proper handle on this intelligence.

There is a sayin that you can actually know too much.

And thanks for not spitting, but next time try not to dribble it either, it's un appealing.

Hands-make-heart

Sylph Wrote:I can't care for it anymore, however, I still don't appreciate you treating people the way you do and if they won't say what they want, then I will.

It's not fair of you to slap everyone with your tongue and not expect a lickin back.

Honestly, the reason I don't say what I'm thinking is because there's no point to it. I'll accomplish nothing but to waste my time. I've decided a long time ago I won't waste anymore time on people like this; instead I'll just ignore them. They don't deserve my time, nor does their attitude affect my life in any way.. so I just don't see the point anymore.

However, still I do appreciate it when someone else does take the time to put into words what I was too lazy to say Smile So thanks!

Evan Wrote:Honestly, the reason I don't say what I'm thinking is because there's no point to it. I'll accomplish nothing but to waste my time. I've decided a long time ago I won't waste anymore time on people like this; instead I'll just ignore them. They don't deserve my time, nor does their attitude affect my life in any way.. so I just don't see the point anymore.

However, still I do appreciate it when someone else does take the time to put into words what I was too lazy to say Smile So thanks!

Gurl no problem.

I know exactly how you stay, but gurl, he has absolutely no right or say in treating people the way he does. I do not appreciate him talking to the people of this community the way he does. Nor anyone else similar either.

We had someone like him previous and I had to let that person know that he can't be a bitch to everyone here, no matter the circumstances in life, because your life is yours, you make the choices and decisions you do, but you do not bring someone else into it for whatever reason without their express permission.

Had it been me he was talking to again, I would've just lef it dat, but when it comes to other people, I can't just sit back and let that go on, no sis.

It's not a waste of my time to defend or help someone else. And he will know this whether he wants to or not.

I said a long time ago near when I joined originally, I would not allow people to threaten, talk to in anyway or disrespect the people of this community beyond their own individual disputes.

He don't like you or vice versa, talk amongst yourselves, but the moment I see something like this, I don't find it right.

It's not right for us as a whole to have to see it as majority of us are not here for it, so he will just have to hear from me until he either blocks me or decides to change his ways to be more appropriate here.

I myself am very open and blunt, and say loads of words like fuck and shit, but I never so arrogantly take this and slap people with it.

This shows his own immaturity and lack of Empathetic ability.

I bet he was none too happy to see that I've returned, but I have. Msn-slapping

Hands-make-heart

So yes gurl, um got ya back in dis Sheep

Now let's drink our Lemonade hunni. :hugs-and-kisses-smi

I can share some stories, both as a person who got banned and as a moderator. It's been extremely rare that I ever got as participatory in a board as I have at GS, usually the problem is that so many hen peckers, trolls, and people who run a fine comb over everything trying to find a personal slight against them and often spot ones that aren't even there that I feel like I'm at an online sanitarium rather than message board and I leave before I start feeling like I BELONG in the sanitarium myself. I've had people freak out over me for "attacking" them when I was complimenting them, I was even threatened by someone to rape me and chop me up with an ax when I tried to get a board to stop dogpiling him (he did way too much meth by his own admission). It's enough that I'm very careful about joining them (most I've gotten deeply involved in have been fan fiction boards where we focus on reading and sharing stories about a series we're a fan of).

I was actually thinking of posting a question here at GS inspired by such an instance...it's just I don't want to ask in the WRONG way. I'll probably never will, however, there will definitely be at least one person who misunderstands and throws a hissy over it (ETA: I'm not thinking of anyone specific, it just seems inevitable somehow). Yep, I've decided, I'm not going to ask (finally decided just now after thinking of it off and on for a week or so now), and a big reason I'm not asking is from years of bad experience with message boards, though GS is usually much better than most boards I've participated in. It will just have to be a mystery to me to the end of my days, but having resolved not to ask hopefully I can shrug it off now and not waste anymore time wondering. Confusedmile:

@ Sylph Haha fair enough. I hear you on that one.. I probably would've done the same thing if he'd said it to someone else.

Well thanks again, and have a good night Wink

Pix Wrote:I was actually thinking of posting a question here at GS inspired by such an instance...it's just I don't want to ask in the WRONG way. I'll probably never will, however, there will definitely be at least one person who misunderstands and throws a hissy over it (ETA: I'm not thinking of anyone specific, it just seems inevitable somehow). Yep, I've decided, I'm not going to ask (finally decided just now after thinking of it off and on for a week or so now), and a big reason I'm not asking is from years of bad experience with message boards, though GS is usually much better than most boards I've participated in. It will just have to be a mystery to me to the end of my days, but having resolved not to ask hopefully I can shrug it off now and not waste anymore time wondering. Confusedmile:

If the reason you're not asking is really that you're afraid some people might take it the wrong way, I think you should ask it anyway. This is a forum with people from all over the world, of all ages, with varying opinions on everything. Anything you say can be taken the wrong way. You shouldn't let that keep you from giving your honest opinion or asking whatever it is you wanna ask.

It's your call, though Smile

^^ Thanks, I think.

Now I'm debating it internally again.

Well I've got some errands to run, I'll try to make a firm decision by the time I'm done running them.

when you abused joseph here and called him stupid and I said you were out of order in a pm u did not care = why should I care for you now ?

matty7 Wrote:when you abused joseph here and called him stupid and I said you were out of order in a pm u did not care = why should I care for you now ?

Me? :confused:

ETA: I just checked my PM (I don't think I've deleted any) and I didn't see any such PM so I'll assume I wasn't the one being addressed...unless you say otherwise.