Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just want to be a decent guy!!
IanSaysHi Wrote:Just taking this HUGE step was very brave and will give you more strength going forward. You're right - expect the unexpected as both of you deal with this. Just be patient, and however negative her reaction may get, just remember she'll be more upset with the situation than with you. However hard it gets just stay strong, be the good guy (but as someone said her I think, don't allow yourself to be punished or give up everything) and take each day as it comes.

Just remember in the long-term this is the best decision for all of you. Wishing you all the best and thanks for keeping us updated.

Thanks Ian! It's been great having you guys on-line here.

Yep, I'm anticipating the anger, like you say it's situational, just gotta brace myself. Cheers again mate :-)

Thanks for keeping us posted, [MENTION=24253]Zen[/MENTION]. I have had you on my mind since your What's On Your Mind post. Your wife is as astounding as you are and I am sure you will both get through this with all the fire and tenderness it deserves. I'm lifting a glass to you both.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Thanks for keeping us posted, [MENTION=24253]Zen[/MENTION]. I have had you on my mind since your What's On Your Mind post. Your wife is as astounding as you are and I am sure you will both get through this with all the fire and tenderness it deserves. I'm lifting a glass to you both.

Cheers my friend! Much appreciated! Are we talking scotch or bourbon?

Well, my supply of scotch is limited at the moment but there is just enough bourbon to get started--about three bottles--so we'll start with that. I am a weakling in that I have had mostly blended scotch. I think that the Laphroaig, Balvenie and Bruichladdich, among others, need exploring and would be glad of the company in that adventure.
I bid NO Trump!

Zen Wrote:Well following my post on the what's on your mind thread. I had that conversation with my wife.

Was very emotional, I feel drained and a bit lost now, as she does. I think that she was holding onto the Bi thing more than I realised and is gutted.

At one point she touched a photo of us from 10 years ago and cried. I told her that it looks like the future is going to change but the past hasn't, and that I still love her. I explained that I had lied to myself rather than her, and that I was sorry for that.

Emotions are raw, but we are thinking practically, I can stay in the home with my family, but I will most likely be in the box room going forward. Wow! How your life can change very quickly.

I've told her that I'm not interested in dating anyone at the moment and I'm not a grindr kinda guy, I just want to focus on my physical and mental health at the moment (by way of a what I'm doing for myself type thing) and making sure she and the boys will be ok.

I know anger will possibly follow at some point but as the Zen master would say "this moment, this breath"

Thanks to everyone for their support and well wishes recently! :-)

Emotional roller-coaster for sure, but it was the best thing to do, being as honest as possible and getting it all out there. Will take time for you both to process the realities you are facing and the challenges going forward, but you've taken the right steps. This is such a huge thing for you and your family.
You're adopted family here on the forum will always be there for you too as much as we can x Confusedmile:
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

LJay Wrote:I think that the Laphroaig, Balvenie and Bruichladdich, among others, need exploring and would be glad of the company in that adventure.

I highly recommend Laphroaig; one of my favourites Confusedmile:
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Bookworm Wrote:Emotional roller-coaster for sure, but it was the best thing to do, being as honest as possible and getting it all out there. Will take time for you both to process the realities you are facing and the challenges going forward, but you've taken the right steps. This is such a huge thing for you and your family.
You're adopted family here on the forum will always be there for you too as much as we can x Confusedmile:

Cheers buddy! As always, thanks for your kind words and support! :-))