Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I keep dreaming that I'm sexually attracted to women
lol
>.<
Dreams have no meaning

But they sure can be strange

I mostly dream about sex or work or work n sex or I'm flying.

I think it is OK maybe just dream , but it is OK if you are sexually attracted to women , too ~

Ok, first a confession.

I've been avoiding this thread. Why? Because dream interpretation is kind of a hobby of mine. When I first joined GS I even started my own thread here, offering to help people work through their dreams. I enjoy it, but honestly found it really difficult to do while I travel so much for work, being away from my books.

So basically, I just dropped it.

But today I have some free time and figured I check out this thread.

Bottom line is this, if you believe your dreams are just psycho mumbo jumbo then you basically have a self fulfilling prophecy on your hands. Nothing to see here, move along please.

On the other hand, I approach dreams from basically a Jungian angle that looks at symbols, metaphors and archetypes.

Furthermore, if you experience "recurring" dreams I would take that as a sign that your mind is working on a problem. Once you find a solution to your "problem" the recurring dreams will stop.

Some people look at dreams on a metaphysical level--or even like reading Tarot cards or other fortune-telling. "You see what you want to see." Or a certain interpretation may be influenced by the power of suggestion. I believe that's all possible if you're reckless with your approach.

But personally I try to keep things very objective and NEVER take an act or object on a literal level. For example, BA's example of shooting a woman in his dream *should be* (in my opinion) taken as a SYMBOLIC ACT, not a literal wish or desire.

Death in dreams is usually just a convenient symbol for something coming to an end.

Did you dream someone died at work? Maybe they got fired? Or demoted? Or their project came to an end? Who knows? But you see the point.

If you like, Arkansota, go ahead and post the details of your dream here and when I have some free time I'll try to help YOU tease out the details. After all, it's YOUR dream, not mine, and only YOU can decide what it means.

sorry bro, it turns out your straight!

Better start learning how to adore vagoo matey.

[Image: surprisedCat.jpg]

But honestly who cares. I say I'm gay but I'd say I'm 85% gay 15% straight, but really I get nothing out of sex with women, it just does not turn met on. Yet nearly all my sex dreams will be female based, probably from my long time (since childhood) aversion to accepting that I might be gay, but who cares... its a dream not reality.

Dreams tell us something we don't tell ourselves in day to day life, like that we are aware of our looks, or our fears. Maybe you are just have fears about your sexuality that your brain is taking advantage of? glass of concrete my love.