Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know this isnt a transgender forum buttttt....
I feel like we're family and ive been here for a while so im gonna post this anyway...
I need to vent.

Today was kinda crappy...
In english this girl kept asking me if i was gonna get a sex change and if i thought i was a guy.
I kept telling her that she was asking inappropriate things.
then that same class these two boys came up to the table to get supplys and when they got there, they were like "hi" and i said "uh hi" and one of them was like "we were wondering if you were a boy or girl".
The girl that asked me those questions is the same girl who gave me crap over the summer when i was hanging out with my ex.
she asked that shit over the summer to.
both times i kinda just said the same things that it was personal and innoproprite
and i really couldnt do anything else but just sit there.. not knowing what else to say /:
her response was that shes an inappropriate person.
then continued asking about it...
it ruined my first day back to school.
i have 3 years left of this place /:

It's been a while since I was in HS, but I can honestly say I don't miss it. With that said, I'd give quite a lot to go back and redo a few things. I won't pretend to know how you feel, but I think if I were in your shoes I would try to use humor to help distract them from their agenda. For me, I prefer to get to know people pretty well before I go into personal details about myself.

As for this girl...I think if you feel it's time then maybe you should consider opening up to her? Something tells me that you wouldn't be hanging around her if there wasn't a part of you that trusts her.

I could certainly be wrong...use your best judgement. I don't believe that there is a wrong answer, you just have to find the answer that works best for you.

Good luck! Wink

I'm really sorry that happened to you today. I think you handled things well.

I don't know if this could help or not but try to find YOUR peace. I've read you before and you are going through some rough stuff but I think I've seen you evolve into an understanding of yourself, right? Find kind of a peace and joy at the progress you've made. You're doing great.

Also, you are in a better position as a person with feelings and empathy towards others that you will meet in the future. It's almost like the shit we go through makes us more mature than most straight kids, so don't sell yourself short. It's all going to pay off.

So it's kind of like you have a secret. A beautiful secret and it's inside you. Smile about it. And, when Miss Bitch tries to intimidate you, just smile --look her straight in the eyes and smile with your eyes, let your smile come from within and with confidence. Then maybe busy yourself with something, your iPod or a book you are reading. Just don't take the bait. Like I said, I think you did great today.

Show them YOU are at peace with who you are. IDK, I guess just don't let them ruin your happiness. Don't let yourself be anyone's prop for their little games. Your school time is just as much yours as theirs. Don't let them take anything away from you. Try to focus on school. College is so much fun and the people you meet, you are going to love it. But, you have to not let a**holes get in the way of your future.

Bighug

You are special. The girl in school knows it too. She knows it well enough to be curious and interested in you. She has probably never had the opportunity to be able to ask questions like she asked today and was seizing an opportunity. It's just a pity that she is lacking empathy and emotional maturity and doesn't seem to know when her questions are inappropriate. They are not necessarily inappropriate because they are inappropriate, but they are inappropriate if you feel them to be inappropriate. Your life, your rules. When and if you ever feel strong enough you could be a great source of information for this girl. You could provide her with information (not necessarily personal to you, of course) that she could carry away and spread the word about what being a transgendered teenager means.

Don't worry about what kind of forum this is supposed to be. We love you here Wink

It's just the way she keeps asking and pushing me to answer when i dont feel comfortable at all to answer them. especially in the class room where other people can here. i hate being in the spot light. Id answer them over a facebook message or text message but i dont wanna just explain my whole situation to her in a public class room. and it's really none of her bussiness whats gonna happen between my legs and i just dont wanna talk about it in person. and anyways my friend nicole had to stand up for me today also because she was talking about me in her study hall and i just dont wanna be the center of her attention. i dont want my personal life discussed among her friends. somethings are private.

ZombieSlayer Wrote:... i dont want my personal life discussed among her friends. somethings are private.
Absolutely. In that case a dignified refusal to pander to her prurience is quite in order. Perhaps Nicole could be enlisted to take her quietly to one side and explain gently why her behaviour makes you uncomfortable?

Do you have a gsa at your school, that can provide help and back-up. Some cities have glbtq centers which may have help to provide also, just be yourself and don't let the goading get to you. Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I dont have a gsa at my school and im not sure if we have one anywhere near here.

@marshlander i dont know if she's that great at being gental. im sure she would yell at her if she had to talk to her.

ZombieSlayer Wrote:... @marshlander i dont know if she's that great at being gental. im sure she would yell at her if she had to talk to her.
She sounds like a great friend to have on your side Confusedmile: However, there is more than one way to tackle a problem. I wonder if she could could be persuaded to do you the great honour and service of reigning in her own feelings to be able to help convey yours?

ZombieSlayer Wrote:It's just the way she keeps asking and pushing me to answer when i dont feel comfortable at all to answer them. especially in the class room where other people can here. i hate being in the spot light. Id answer them over a facebook message or text message but i dont wanna just explain my whole situation to her in a public class room. and it's really none of her bussiness whats gonna happen between my legs and i just dont wanna talk about it in person. and anyways my friend nicole had to stand up for me today also because she was talking about me in her study hall and i just dont wanna be the center of her attention. i dont want my personal life discussed among her friends. somethings are private.
I think you are right to keep your stuff private. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't answer details about anything you're going through/planning even in private. They will probably just use it to talk about you later. I'm not trying to be mean, but just trying to be realistic.

Chances are that girl and those guys are not trying to learn anything about being transgender. They are playing games to make you feel bad or uncomfortable. They are trying to make themselves look funny and establish their little hierarchy, right there this first day of school. I've heard that same line about "but I'm inappropriate person" before from girls who think that is some how impressive. Rolleyes

I think if you refuse to play her/their game, they might move on. Just don't entertain their questions. To find out she was talking about you in study hall is tough, but try to ignore it and come and vent here. I'm glad you have your friend, Nicole.

I wish there was something better for me to say to help you.