Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll Give You a Drag Makeover
Jettalove Wrote:so, [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION], does this thread work in reverse? would you be able to butch me up? Hahaha!

Ylsuper

He'd just make you into a drag king.

Post a pic!

Jettalove Wrote:so, [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION], does this thread work in reverse? would you be able to butch me up? Hahaha!

Ylsuper
Careful with that Jetta..
I might fall in love with you..
All over again..
(Cellar is looking pretty sexy...
Look at that smile..

Well, against my better judgment (& I may need to delete this very soon), here it is...gotta see what you can do, Emiliano.
[Image: QsmYULPm.jpg]

Just to get you started, here's me dressed up as Andy Warhol...[MENTION]Anoxcu[/MENTION], this just might work for you..Llkiss2[Image: RWw2Nsw.jpg]

Anocxu Wrote:WTF is this Bull?
Why go out of your way to express your distaste?
You could have avoided this thread....

Did you really just go out of your way to let everyone know how you hate?
No one is forcing you to post here..

are you saying negative opinions are not allowed on the topic of this thread? really?

in the same vein, why go out of our way to post threads about raping women in India, and express our distaste about that on this site either? huh? that doesn't concern us either. is that a better negative expression since it's on moral high ground rather than a more personal one?

people post all kinds of opinions. some of them are negative some are positive. this thread has received more positive feedback than negative. how is my negative opinion suddenly more important than all the positive ones the thread has gotten from other people? you are taking a minority opinion (here) and blowing it out of proportion. well done.

Quote:Read your posts...
Are you really THAT guy?

i am a guy who expressed my honest opinion. you don't have to like it. but you have no right to tell me not to express it.

Quote:If a grown man can take something so simple and make it a major issue...
I have to question your maturity..

who is turning it into a major issue? i said i think drag is disgusting. that is what it is to me. i said it once and was gonna leave it be. [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] understood my explanation.

you're the one dragging it out into a whole another thing, making this thread as if it was about me now -- which it is not -- and derailing it in the process.

Quote:This isn't the first thread where you've jumped in and left a trail of toxic fumes.

Look at how you turned something so superficial into a temper tantrum.

Now this is the second time I've seen you poke daggers at Emiliano..
I saw what you did in the stonewall thread..

and [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] and i were able to reconcile our differences. why are you digging up stuff that has been long resolved?

Quote:Not only that..
You were ready to jump at me in that thread where I thought an R-100 was something new from Audi..

if that's how you perceived it -- me jumping at you -- then you perceive attack way too easily.

Quote:The owner of this Site is [MENTION=1]Andy[/MENTION]. NOT YOU!!
He will certainly let us know if the threads we create are out of line.

i never said this thread was out of line, nor did i try to undermine [MENTION=1]Andy[/MENTION]'s authority.

Quote:I've always had a theory about folks that make it a point to tell you What They Hate..when it doesn't matter.

yes, my opinion on drag doesn't matter to anybody else. it matters to me. and i have every right to express it if it is on topic. which it is. i was not ever gonna elaborate beyond that one sentence up there somewhere. i never posted a hate rant, i never made insults to anybody directly. now that would have been me going out of my way. you like that stuff, you wanna dress up as a woman -- go ahead. i'm not holding you back. neither do i care.

you are taking one sentence way too personally, where there was absolutely no cause to.

Quote:Live and let live..

and you should let go of insignificant stuff that doesn't have anything to do with you. stop being so sensitive.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:are you saying negative opinions are not allowed on the topic of this thread? really?

in the same vein, why go out of our way to post threads about raping women in India, and express our distaste about that on this site either? huh? that doesn't concern us either. is that a better negative expression since it's on moral high ground rather than a more personal one?

people post all kinds of opinions. some of them are negative some are positive. this thread has received more positive feedback than negative. how is my negative opinion suddenly more important than all the positive ones the thread has gotten from other people? you are taking a minority opinion (here) and blowing it out of proportion. well done.

i am a guy who expressed my honest opinion. you don't have to like it. but you have no right to tell me not to express it.

who is turning it into a major issue? i said i think drag is disgusting. that is what it is to me. i said it once and was gonna leave it be. [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] understood my explanation.

you're the one dragging it out into a whole another thing, making this thread as if it was about me now -- which it is not -- and derailing it in the process.

and [MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] and i were able to reconcile our differences. why are you digging up stuff that has been long resolved?

if that's how you perceived it -- me jumping at you -- then you perceive attack way too easily.

i never said this thread was out of line, nor did i try to undermine [MENTION=1]Andy[/MENTION]'s authority.

yes, my opinion on drag doesn't matter to anybody else. it matters to me. and i have every right to express it if it is on topic. which it is. i was not ever gonna elaborate beyond that one sentence up there somewhere. i never posted a hate rant, i never made insults to anybody directly. now that would have been me going out of my way. you like that stuff, you wanna dress up as a woman -- go ahead. i'm not holding you back. neither do i care.

you are taking one sentence way too personally, where there was absolutely no cause to.

and you should let go of insignificant stuff that doesn't have anything to do with you. stop being so sensitive.
It isn't an opinion in the first place, it is a judgement. You could just say you don't like that drag stuff instead of insulting everyone else who's into it.

How dare you compare opinions between drag makeover and women's rape in India? The first is fine art. The second is immorality on a global scale, and we have to say any negative comment about it because it is far more disgusting.

Now, I will pull myself from this useless debate since you're going to say I'm an immature kid and claim it as a simple "opinion" of yours which you have the right to express.

BlueStar Wrote:It isn't an opinion in the first place, it is a judgement. You could just say you don't like that drag stuff instead of insulting everyone else who's into it.

Star hit the nail on the head.

An opinion is when you say "I don't like drag." or " I think drag is a waste of time."

When you say "Drag is disgusting", that is not an opinion, it's a judgment, and it's not correct.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Bluestar Wrote:It isn't an opinion in the first place, it is a judgement. You could just say you don't like that drag stuff instead of insulting everyone else who's into it.

it is an opinion. to me, drag is disgusting. people have personal opinions and taste on what is and is not disgusting to them. doesn't make it a universal truth. it makes it a one man's opinion exactly.

also -- where exactly did i insult anyone who is into it? you are reading that into this all on your own. if your own opinion is weak enough to let another's override yours, then that is on you, not on me.

Quote:How dare you compare opinions between drag makeover and women's rape in India? The first is fine art. The second is immorality on a global scale, and we have to say any negative comment about it because it is far more disgusting.

i dare to do whatever i want to do, for one. and for two, i was comparing the right for a person to regard something negatively. and in that sense, both of these examples have equal validity. they are on par in that regard. the only difference is, one is more or less universally negatively regarded; the other not so universally. a person can claim a moral superiority by thinking negatively of rape of women, and thus it is a ''safe'' negativity; a negativity people will approve of. but when we're talking about more ambiguous behavior -- like drag -- with people who themselves like to engage in it, then simple personal negative opinion is claimed to be a judgment (are we in court and am i a judge here?) and perceived as an attack on them. that is exactly how you are reacting.

CellarDweller Wrote:An opinion is when you say "I don't like drag." or " I think drag is a waste of time."

When you say "Drag is disgusting", that is not an opinion, it's a judgment, and it's not correct.

not correct. it is an opinion. what a guy finds beautiful, ugly, disgusting, distasteful, is his personal opinion, to which every one of us has a right. do you not have anything you find disgusting? you hold no negative opinion on anybody at all? nobody is a saint like that. we all have our likes and dislikes and we all form such opinions all the time.

it is correct to me. it doesn't have to be correct to you.

also Merriam-Webster disagrees with you as well:

Merriam Webster Wrote:judgment
: an opinion or decision that is based on careful thought
: the act or process of forming an opinion or making a decision after careful thought : the act of judging something or someone
: the ability to make good decisions about what should be done

whether someone says ''i dislike drag'' or ''i find drag disgusting'' -- both are equal personal opinions. one more strongly negative than the other, but that's the only difference there is.

judgment is if i had said ''i find [MENTION=14580]CellarDweller[/MENTION] disgusting because he does drag''. that is a judgment.

that is not what i think. i find drag absolutely disgusting without doubt but it doesn't influence my opinion on a person engaging in it.

thus it is an opinion, and not a judgment. you guys are simply overreacting to a simple, if negative, comment made by someone you don't even know.

How unfortunate the this thread has decended in to a fight about who's right and who's wrong. I have always said that this is the friendliest gay chat on the Internet and this thread is trying to prove me wrong.

PAX!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Emiliano Wrote:If anyone would like to have a serious conversation and expand on reasons why they don't enjoy drag performances, or why they find it distasteful, or why dressing in drag is not something they are interested in doing themselves personally, then (not that my permission is needed), allow me, in the name of creating an inclusive space, to openly offer the future of this thread as a platform for that discussion and any others related to drag or -now that it has been introduced to this thread as well - what we find disgusting in general.

i would like to elaborate on it if you're interested in hearing it. i know exactly why i have such a strong aversion to it.

LONDONER Wrote:How unfortunate the this thread has decended in to a fight about who's right and who's wrong. I have always said that this is the friendliest gay chat on the Internet and this thread is trying to prove me wrong.

it's just one thread. doesn't change the general atmosphere of the site. people can have disagreements and argue sometimes, doesn't mean we hate each other now or are 'unfriendly'. i have no hard feelings against anybody here.