Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love GaySpeak
I joined a couple years back but I don't post that much because I'm not that active on message boards. Plus it's hard for me to type for long periods. But when i'm here I always enjoy myself.:biggrin:

Mick

fenris Wrote:Not true :-) PA

I was not on my facebook account for a long time ... and I was a long time only reader here.... but not because I´´m desinterested .... it was because I could not talk.... I had a very hard fibromyalgia-phase for many weeks.... and you know... then I´m unable to communicate if no one talk to me.

Unfortunately, no one has reacted to me as I could not communicate ... but I expected that not .... who does not know the disease can not respond to

Well, I"ve always suspected that when you weren't on the site here it was because you were not feeling very well... I do get it, you know. If we are curious enough, we can see who is online at the bottom of the main page. I often look there which is why I send little messages in the shout box to say hello to those who are online, even if they are not writing but just reading.

magicguide01 Wrote:I joined here not to long ago under strange circumstances. I was furious about lots of things. Angry at the world, my place in it, myself, everything. I Google searched for "gay communities and support" and happened upon this site. I signed up and commented on a few safe threads, and I am already enjoying everything here. This is a great community, and thank you everyone for making it that way. I have learned a lot just by reading along. I would love to talk to everyone on here, hear your stories. We all have one. I'm on at weird hours, but I hope that doesn't stop me from connecting to you all.

I don't think the time at which you connect makes too much of a difference, at least not on the forums... it might make a difference if you were in the chat rooms, when we are not always available at the same times, unless we keep really strange timetables as I have lately.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it here, and that hopefully your anger has abated somewhat from being able to rant and vent...???

Writing must be very therapeutic, and getting proper feedback is too. Confusedmile:
Take care, Magic.

-I have been here a year and started my account after connexion.org closed. GS is more beter mannered than connexion and intimate than face book. FB is over used. gayspeak is small and mostly un known outside the lgbt community. I was never too keen on putting my name out on the interweb.

-new members here have to post 30-50 and it would be nice to get threads started by existing members too. The new members will post on issues like coming out but seems the place gets hung up on this, they solve their problem(s) and leave. We are all geeks so nice to hear what whey protein someone is eating, your ten best cell phone apps.

-its is retarded to argue with some one on the internet, this was established years ago and there is a famous pic that goes along with. Some guys were flaming and prone to just say anything to get a reaction. Some members post irrational junk to see stuff in print. All good but if you asked why they did this you got more flame and junk . 4example someone posts how they push gay men in wheel chairs into on-coming traffic ( said in terms i might do ) it might be an angry thing but if someone calls them out of the issue and this get more anger, junk and flames ...

I've been here for a few years and I have to say it's the most positive and accepting place I have ever found. I too love gayspeak.
Richard