Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm 23, but no guy below "35" wants me.
OP..dump your therapist....you need to go to Al-Anon or find an Al-Anon therapist...

Your alcoholic parent has had a very bad effect on you...made an imprint you need to change...and you need to address that because it won't matter how many people tell you that you look good until you do....

Sorry..it has to be said....

Good Luck

Insertnamehere Wrote:Stop that, right now.

Do not live your life focused on pleasing other people. That is not healthy at all.

As for anything else, I'll refer you to Axle's post above.
It's funny, this also confuses me. I hear the opposite a lot- that hedonism is selfish and I need to live to please others.

But no matter what I do, I'm never happy anyway. =\ So I guess in the end, it doesn't matter.

East Wrote:OP..dump your therapist....you need to go to Al-Anon or find an Al-Anon therapist...

Your alcoholic parent has had a very bad effect on you...made an imprint you need to change...and you need to address that because it won't matter how many people tell you that you look good until you do....

Sorry..it has to be said....

Good Luck
Why should I go to AA when I never drank alcohol in my life? I'm not going there for someone else's problems. Unless I act as a poster child for women to not drink while pregnant (or a pro-choice poster child).

subdivisions Wrote:Why should I go to AA when I never drank alcohol in my life? I'm not going there for someone else's problems. Unless I act as a poster child for women to not drink while pregnant (or a pro-choice poster child).

You said your mother was an alcoholic...and Al-Anon is for people who grew up with an alcoholic...

The reason they go and the reason Al-Anon exists.....alcoholics do a lot of damage to their children...and clearly...you have had a lot of damage done to you....

...and the damage that really matters isn't from strangers telling you that you are ugly...nor will you feel better about yourself if 10 billion people tell you how cute you are....it goes deeper...but it can be addressed and even overcome....but not unless you address the effect your alcoholic parent had on you....