Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Going to be Featured in Men's Health Magazine
Jay Wrote:Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Oh yes, sorry. I should have mentioned it earlier. It will be in MH Malaysia. But I believe it can be read in MH Malaysia's website too.

They have given me a list of questions to answer. Quite big questions. I will have to email the answers back to MH. They will give additional questions during photoshoot. Photoshoot will be set after they have received my answers.

This is surreal.

The thing is I had a really horrible year in 2014; I lost my job, my dad was admitted into a hospital due to tumor and my friendship with my closest friend shattered into pieces. I fell into a little depression for months.

But I fought back and gradually recovered. Once recovered, I promised myself to make sure 2015 to be an amazing year for me. I want my 2015 to begin with a bang and close with a bang. So far, everything goes into plan; 2015 begins with a new great job follows with my first marathon, receiving a car license (manual & auto) and now closing the year with MH.

I hope great things will continue to come. Not just for me but for all of us.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind words and supports.

Best wishes to all of us.
[MENTION=21041]Jay[/MENTION], I hope you'll come and tell us how the photo shoot went... and how you felt about it afterwards.

Wohooo congrats Smile
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]

Super happy for you, Jay! Congratulations!

Sorry for no update.

Long story short, my reply to Men's Health magazine got lost in their editor's spam box. The editor thought I wasn't interested or some sort. But she tracked me down and found my blog. She left me a message asking about it.

[Image: mh_zpsazzikyny.jpg]

Anyway she also left me with her contact number so we then communicated via Whatsapp.

We've completed the interview session. I went quite detail with my history.

We'll be having photo shoot session next Friday. I was requested to bring several gym clothes so that they can get the best look for me.

Here lies the headache. My mom is making fuss about making sure that I do not show too much skin by wearing shorts, tight clothes or sleeveless t shirt for the photo shoot due to religion. Headache. This is what happened when religion dictates your too much.

I had to speak up my mind to my mom but I did it in a respectful manner. I told her that I'm already 32 and not a kid anymore. I've been wearing shorts in gym for years so what's the difference between wearing in gym and in magazine? I told her that I will wear shorts for the photo shoot if necessary. Of course, she wasn't happy and complained about it to my big sister behind my back. But eh, I'm used to it.

But anyway, best wishes. I'll keep you guys updated.

I hope the photo shoot goes well for you, I'm sure with it being MH Malaysia they won't do anything to risky. But still why go through that transformation if you can't show yourself off Wink
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Jay Wrote:...
We'll be having photo shoot session next Friday. I was requested to bring several gym clothes so that they can get the best look for me.

Here lies the headache. My mom is making fuss about making sure that I do not show too much skin by wearing shorts, tight clothes or sleeveless t shirt for the photo shoot due to religion. Headache. This is what happened when religion dictates your too much.

Or, This is what happens when you tell your mom too much! She can't object to what she doesn't know. Good you respectfully stood your ground on this one.

Congratulations Jay, that's a great news! Let me know which issue so I can get myself a copy. Oh, and I always find the less my mom (or my family for that matter) knows, the better. Rolleyes

Jay Wrote:Here lies the headache. My mom is making fuss about making sure that I do not show too much skin by wearing shorts, tight clothes or sleeveless t shirt for the photo shoot due to religion.

Let me give you some insight on this topic..
There is truth to what your mother said ..my mother sat me down and gave me the long version on the topic..

Self Presentation.

Have you given thought about how you'd like to present yourself?

Have you thought about how you would like to be perceived?

Example. .
If you would like to be taken seriously as a success story. . Someone that beat the odds..
Someone that wants his appearance in this magazine to be remembered for the right reasons. . 'You can look the part'

Another Example. .

Would you like to be perceived as a sexy male?
Would it bother you if readers looked at how sexy you are without reading your story?
I mean.. honestly... when I'm browsing men's health Magazine at the store ..I flip through the pages to see the hot bodies.. something tells me I'm not the only one.

How would you like to be perceived?
An avid athlete?
A sexy Athlete?
An athlete that has overcome so much ..who just happens to be sexy?

You get what I'm saying about dressing the part..

If you were my child I would open your mind to self projection and perception .

I wouldn't try to manipulate your agenda...

I'm sure you are aware the magazine is sexually charged. .

[Image: a38118a2c5a6661cb1f49d70b88671fd.jpg]

[Image: 5e60d79afbda17859c61bd91aa724ee0.jpg]

[Image: bdc37c6eae36e17ea57ef512da2456a9.jpg]

No agenda here on my part..
Just informing you..
You have ample control over how you are perceived ..

Good luck.

I was wondering how this went the other day, typical that your reply got lost! Glad that this is still going ahead though Smile. Good luck for the photo shoot [MENTION=21041]Jay[/MENTION] Smile

Congrads, hope it all goes well. You should be very proud!