Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Going to be Featured in Men's Health Magazine
Still expecting things to happen, then, [MENTION=21041]Jay[/MENTION] ?

Quote:Still expecting things to happen, then, @Jay ?

Yes, it's going to happen.

My photo shoot will be held on next Friday in my gym. The photographer wants to snap few photos of my workout. According to the photographer, the photo shoot will take roughly an hour or two.

He requested me to bring few gym clothes with no logo on them.

Quote:Let me give you some insight on this topic..
There is truth to what your mother said ..my mother sat me down and gave me the long version on the topic..

I understood, Anoxcu. But here I present you my gym shorts.

[Image: smaller_zps0u68otws.jpg]

My mom doesn't encourage me to wear this shorts for the photo shoot as she worries my knees can be seen in the photos. You see, my family's religion is Islam and for men's dress code; you can't expose anything from navel to the knees.

Hence why I thought mom was being too much as my gym shorts are below knees.

Anyway she seems fine now. I think she knows that she can't do much to change my mind and also because I voiced my opinion in a respectful way.

Oh by the way, I don't want to confuse anyone. I'm not going to be on the front cover of the magazine. I'm going to be inside the magazine.

The questions that I had to answer were:

1. Describe yourself in 3 words.
2. Tell us about why you decided to start losing weight and what the trigger for doing so was.
3. Do you feel that since your weight loss, you are a new person of sorts?
4. How are you different now than you were before you lost weight?
5. What sort of pressures (internal, i.e pressure you place on yourself or external, i.e from peers or friends etc) do you feel to maintain your sense of fitness?
6. Tell us about a time you felt that being overweight held you back from doing or achieving something.
7. What is your favourite sport/exercise and why?
8. How do you feel about reality TV shows that depict weight loss journeys and physical transformation and how closely do you think they resemble the reality of losing weight?
9. What are you most proud of from your own personal weight loss journey?
10. If you could send one message to others trying to lose weight and who are finding it difficult, what would your advice be?
11. For others on the path to weight loss, can you tell us how you managed to stay motivated and what continues to keep you motivated?
12. Workout Routine
13. Diet Regime

I answered as thorough as possible. I'm sure they will cut and edit stuff.

Thanks everyone for good wishes. I'm excited but nervous at the same time as I've never done something like this before. I'm not just referring to the photo shoot but also stepping out in public to discuss about my history and the risk of obesity.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Looking good [MENTION=21041]Jay[/MENTION] . Lol,my mom nags about me wearing 3/4 shorts despite it covering the knees perfectly.

Quote:Looking good @Jay . Lol,my mom nags about me wearing 3/4 shorts despite it covering the knees perfectly.

Lol. Moms, I guess. Thanks for the kind words, Alfredmamza.

Anyway tomorrow's the big day as in the photo shoot. Personally, I hope this would be a new turning point in my life. I hope something greater awaits me in the future.

Best wishes to everyone.

[Image: 226971f7729566fee602ac70a6d7d7af.jpg]

Those shorts are very conservative. .
You're absolutely correct..

Well I've done the photo shoot this morning. I was really sleepy at the time due to lack of sleep (3 hours)

The session took an hour to complete. The photographer asked me to do several workouts in different places all over the gym to get the right pose and lighting. The first workout was deadlift follows with few others.

The last workout was dumbbell walking lunges.

I was asked to do aggressive/serious face whilst 'acting' out the workout. It was hmm.. a bit awkward because I only do faces when I train with heavy weights. But for the photo shoot, I was asked to use light/minimal weights.

Anyway the photo that most probably will end up in the magazine is the dumbbell walking lunges' pose.

I thought of wearing sleeveless t-shirt for the pose but the magazine editor chose a dark grey slim fit t-shirt with sleeve. He also chose the same thing - A t shirt with sleeve for another photo shoot with a fitness model (The photo shoot was done after mine).

My feature will be in the January issue. They will mail a free copy to me.

Jay Wrote:Well I've done the photo shoot this morning. I was really sleepy at the time due to lack of sleep (3 hours)

The session took an hour to complete. The photographer asked me to do several workouts in different places all over the gym to get the right pose and lighting. The first workout was deadlift follows with few others.

The last workout was dumbbell walking lunges.

I was asked to do aggressive/serious face whilst 'acting' out the workout. It was hmm.. a bit awkward because I only do faces when I train with heavy weights. But for the photo shoot, I was asked to use light/minimal weights.

Anyway the photo that most probably will end up in the magazine is the dumbbell walking lunges' pose.

I thought of wearing sleeveless t-shirt for the pose but the magazine editor chose a dark grey slim fit t-shirt with sleeve. He also chose the same thing - A t shirt with sleeve for another photo shoot with a fitness model (The photo shoot was done after mine).

My feature will be in the January issue. They will mail a free copy to me.
Yay!!
You're a supermodel! !
I shall tell everyone that we are best friends...lmao..lol..

On a serious note Congratulations! !

I know I'm late (very late) and not active on the forum (very inactive) but still congrats!

I used to read Men's health on the Google reading app but somehow it doesn't update with it anymore and I have no idea why...

[MENTION=21041]Jay[/MENTION] I'd definitely like to read this so I will keep an eye out. Glad it went ok Smile

Next month issue eh, I'll grab a copy. Can't wait to read it. Smile