Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Lonely, I'm misserable, I need advice
When I was 16 I got engaged to a guy I had dated for a few months, I loved (and still do) him greatly, but because he wasn't sexual enough, and didn't have enough time for me, in my mind at least, I ended up doing too many roleplays and started likeing a guy that I became friends with after a few of them, nothing in the real world, but still, I ended up "falling" (Figured out to late was just a small crush TmT) for the guy, and thus ended 1st engagement, the guy had ben two... maybe three years older, and this break happened after I moved to texas a couple years ago, I went through relationships, and ended up dating and getting engaged to the second guy I fell so madly in love with, I screwed up by letting a guy who was in the same state as me manipulate me, and live with me and my family, then use me, and 2nd engagement ruined, but, had my love not got cancer agains (He had it when he was 14, then after we'd dated a while, he said he though he beet it, but it reoccured) he killed himself because he was in so

much pain... then after a while, I dated my crippled friends ex, to my friend encuragment, then My now ex shirked his job as my pals caretaker, and so byebye boyfriend...
Is there something wrong with me, that is causeing me to be unable to keep a relationship? Advice please

That's so awful and no there is nothing wrong with you, you will find the right person and relationship. Good luck

thank you, I'm glad at least that So far I seem to be the only one to think there is something wrong with me

My friends have told me I'm stupid for thinking this, is why I said that

This all started when you were 16...and now you're 18 (according to your profile), right? So, all of this "falling in love" and engagements happened just within that 2 year span? If anything, Kudos to you, man, for apparently being able to move on so quickly. In my opinion, 18 is way too young an age to be "miserable" about failed relationships.

Your post is a little hard to understand (and some parts of the timeline don't make sense at all), so correct me if I'm wrong, but in those 2 years, you managed to get engaged to guy #1 whom you'd been dating for a few months, fall in love with guy #2, ruin your engagement with guy #1 because of that, get engaged to guy #2, get manipulated and used by guy #3 who was in the same state as you, your engagement to guy #2 is ruined, find out that guy #love (no number because I've lost track who you're even talking about) has cancer so he kills himself, so you start dating guy #4 thanks to your friend, but relationship with guy #4 ends because he started neglecting his job as your friend's caretaker. I'm guessing that if guy #4 hadn't shirked his job as your pal's caretaker, by now you'd probably be engaged to him as well.

You went through FOUR different guys in just that short amount of time?

To be perfectly frank, except for the guy who got cancer and killed himself (which was really sad, by the way, but odd that you whizzed past that story so quickly that I couldn't even tell which guy you were talking about), none of this is worth being miserable about. You ask if there is "something wrong with you," and frankly, I'm inclined to say yes. It seems to me that, not only do you move on so quickly with almost no room to give yourself an alone time break in between relationships, you also get into engagements way too soon in your relationships. Are you absolutely sure you were truly in love with ANY of them? For someone who was supposedly "so deeply in love" with these guys, you sure found it so easy to screw up (fell in love with #2 while still engaged to #1, and ruin your engagement to #2 because you let #3 live with you at home).

If I were you man, I'd take some alone time. When you rush relationships, this is what tends to happen, they don't last.

Im sensing some deeper issues here. If you can contact me in message, this would be better.

Actually, #2 was a lost cause, so I broke up with him, then later on, after multiple relationships, came the Fiance #2, and I had been With #1 for a year and four months @.@ I really don't do well at posting when there is a limit to words, sorry
and I moved on when #2 fiance Died so I wouldn't kill myself, because I got REALLY depressed, I screwed up by falling for guy #2 when with Fiance/guy #1, then I went through about 4 boyfriends, each who had some flaw that made me unable to stay with them (mostly not seeming to care about anything but sex) or broke up with me themselves, I get engaged after a month or two to Fiance #2 and was planning to marry him and move to Belaruse to be with him, then he died, and no, I was going to take things slowly with last BF before he screwed up...
Sorry I'm so confusing

Okay, I don't mean to offend or insult you in any way but you really need to calm down and start taking things a bit slower. Getting engaged is something to consider in a very serious and stable relationship and no matter how hardly you've fallen in love it's a VERY stupid idea to get engaged after just one, or even several months of dating.

You're only 18 and you list 2 engagements and several other romantic relations. You're obviously moving things way too fast. From now on, if you want better outcomes I suggest the following:

1. When you meet a guy, keep him in the dating stadium for at least a few weeks. This time-span is pretty reasonable because no matter how much you crush on him, you won't really know him well enough to know whether you want a relationship or not. I dated my ex for 2 months before we defined what we had as a relationship.

2. Don't get engaged until you've been seeing each other for a rather LONG time, 6 month minimum. It really is a COMMITMENT and nothing you ought to do after a month of dating.

If you take things a bit slower it will save you from wasted time and probably a few heart-aches.

Also, as much as it sucks to have other people comment on your feelings, I highly doubt you went through 3-4 different "deep loves" in 2 years. That makes absolutely no sense, when you actually love someone you can't just move on right away once it's over.

You and your life will probably change alot over the next 6 years. Are you getting an education? Do you live on your own?
My advice to you is to focus on you and your place in life. If a nice guy comes along then have your fun, but stick to YOUR path. When you've found your place, find someone to share it with you.