Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm New
Hey guys

I'm new to this site and currently in the process of coming out. I've totally accepted the fact I'm gay and have told my closest friends, (my friends are more awesome than I thought). But I want to tell my family before I completely come out as I want to be the one that tells them, not someone else since we have been through a lot together. I'm pretty sure that they have suspicions but I can never tell what they really think.

I don't know any gay guys so I can't talk to them for advice, so I'm throwing it out to you guys, any tips/advice on what to do/expect???

Thanks guys

Hello,
Coming out can be a big hurdle and to be honest treat it like a poker table... Your the dealer they are the punters... Lay all the cards on the table except the jokers!

The one piece of advise I can give is to only tell them when YOU are ready! I didn't really get that option with my family and it has put a "wedge" between us at this point in time.

It's very hard to come out to your Parents. It took me a while but when I did they said we have known for a while. Don't rush it when you tell them take your time.

first off welcome to gayspeak

-do you have to tell them... no. They have not asked you so they must not care. Think about your needs and come out for your benefit.
-you have been dealing with your sexuality all your live; dont expect your parents to be up to speed the day you talk to them and give you that big accepting hug. I hope
they will?

there is a lot of information, the topic has been discussed for sure.

G Day from across the Ditch ( 'Dutch') and welcome to Gayspeak.

You can expect a human experience Wink with a squirt of penis thrown in randomly Wink

Glad to know your coming out experience has been a psoitive one.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you can find the advice you are looking for and enjoy your time here.

To be honest J, your parents probably have an inclination if you've been with them your whole life and provided they care. (I'm assuming they do since you said you have been through a lot together)

If you want to ease into it, you can try leaving things lay around your room, if they go in there (assuming you live with them) like a gay pride wrist band or the such like so they can talk amongst themselves and resolve it in their own minds before they address it with you.

Hopefully it's one of those stories that goes "hey son, we love you no matter what your choices are" or something like that.

I do hope your parents are as supportive as your friends!

Best wishes!!Wink

Oh yes, Welcome to GS!!