Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Out (and so very happy)
50Plus Wrote:Hello everyone.

I am a 51 year old gay male who is just now beginning this wonderful journey. I am so happy that I have discovered that I am gay - it is like the stars aligning in my life. I hope the rest of this journey is as pleasurable as the start has been.

I am in southern Alberta which is in Canada for those from afar.

I am actively looking for a male companion to get out and explore our wonderful surroundings and life itself.

Hope to chat with some of you and possibly even meet some.

ttfn

Hello, jb, and Welcome to the site... I'm only a few years older than you, and I must say my story is similar to yours in that I didn't come out till much later in life, but I did know I was gay, and knew probably ever since I was a child, then a teenager. I dabbled at heterosexuality in my early twenties, and I liked it at the time, but I think it was also due to the exceptional partner I had then... We've both moved on.
Anyway, yes it's nice to be able to say (at least to oneself) that one is gay... and then maybe even to admit it to others. Why did we put ourselves through all this trauma?
Well, my answer is : another time, another way of doing things. Different contexts to different behaviour patterns.
As I said, welcome to you, and maybe, if you want to connect with a like-minded Canadian, or someone near you, could you tell us what pursuits you find interesting in life? What are you hobbies of choice? Are you, for instance, a mountaineer? Are you fond of motorbikes? Are you a movie buff or a singin diva? Lol... Just suggesting that by putting a few things on the table, some might tell you they'll partake.
Bye for now.