Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm So Fat D;
I have been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember and it really sucks. I need a strategy to lose weight, because everything that I have tried so far hasn't worked. No matter what the program promised, I couldn't seem to lose any weight. I really need your help.

As someone who used to be overweight all I can really say is eat less and exercise more if you want results. Do a lot of cardio exercise like running maybe five days a week and have the weekend off. Also will power is key, I used to eat loads of sweets and things that were wrong for me but with willpower. In a very short space of time I lost 5 stone which is the equivalent of 70 pounds. Bearing in mind I was ridiculously strict on myself, I only drank water and just ate the bare essentials to keep my body running. As of quite recently I have been unhappy with my body shape further e enthough I do 6mile runs and eat pretty normally I'd say I'm aiming for 1300 - 1400 calories a day. A typical daily allowance for a man is 2500 and a woman 2000. In order to lose weight you need a calory deficit the body needs about 1200 a day to cope and be healthy. The diet I am following is not for the faint hearted and I did see the doctor and he didn't really agree with me doing it but it won't harm my health. It's sad to say but people judge by looks it's natural, I wanted better for myself so I made the change. I dnt really think I need to change that much but I want better for myself and hey it gives me something to do.

One, cut out the junk food and the fast food. I've known people who lost like 20 pounds just from doing that alone. Also, not drinking so much beer or sodas has done the same thing. If it seems hard then buy some fruit or other replacement snacks and find a hobby to take your mind off wanting to eat (I understand a lot of people who overeat do so because they're bored).

Also, be warned that I've read that dieting can cause the body to regulate its metabolism so that it burns food much more slowly (as the body thinks food is scarce and must make it last longer) which results in making it harder to lose weight (and easier to gain it). That is, cutting out the junk and fast food probably should be replaced by eating something like grapes or raisins so that the body doesn't react to the fear of starvation.

You can burn calories by "running in place" while watching movies. But if you weigh a lot this puts a lot of pressure on your legs and can cause some discomfort until you get used to it (in I'd guess a few days).

Much better, IMO, is to join a fitness center...but GO. I've noticed that many new members show up after the holidays but only show up for a month or so before never showing up again. Don't do that. This is something that takes time, and what's much better is that you can actually get high from it if you do it long enough, and that also helps flush toxins from your body so that you're less depressed as well as more healthy in general. Much more importantly, you can become addicted to the high of it so after awhile you look forward to going rather than having to force yourself to.

Many fitness centers (even some YMCAs) have TVs you can watch while exercising, and many also find it helpful to take headphones to listen to. Some also do some light reading but I've personally found it too jarring to read most of the time. The best, IMO, is having someone to talk to while you both exercise.

While there I strongly recommend the sauna, if they have one. Try starting for about 10 minutes and then take a brief cold shower and doing it again. It can be quite the shock and very jarring but I (along with others) have found this incredibly blissful as well. You'll sweat a lot of water weight out that way, too. You can also use aromatherapy by squirting scented water onto the burner (though I personally avoid this, at least unless I can get permission, if others are also using it). But when starting out you should not stay in for more than 10 minutes at a time (unless the temp is low). As you get used to it then you can stay in even longer and it just gets even better.

It might also help if you have a friend who is also looking to lose weight (or is already a fitness freak) so that you have encouragement until you no longer need encouragement (and can help each other pass the time while exercising by talking as you use side by side stair masters, treadmills, etc). Do remember that losing weight and getting a better body takes time, so don't plan for actual, stable results for several weeks at least.

Anyway, good luck. Confusedmile:

all said and done if you loose weight you have to keep it off too.

diet is difficult if you live with other people. If you live alone just remove replace all the food in the house with lo cal healthy stuff and it greatly reduces the change of eating something outside the plan.

write down what you eat for a few days. add up the calories per day, if less than 1800 calories you will loose weight. Exercise has less to do with weight loss than you think. For example of your on a tread mill for a half hour it you used up 300 calories. a typical candy bar is also 300 calories and if you could just avoid eating it all better. Exercise should be part of your life for many reasons.

switch to an all vegan diet. This kinda puts the kibosh on lots of high calorie foods. Chances are the foods will be less accessible, the new foods will be less appealing to you and you will not binge. Because you will have to research how to get the protein, crabs, etc in your new diet you will better know what you eat.

I don't believe in dieting. I define diet as a short term goal that usually fails.

To be truly successful, you have to think long term. Your entire life basically. You have to reconstruct your lifestyle entirely. Have a healthy lifestyle from A to Z.

I can't go lengthy right now because I have to work.

i look forward to reading the rest when you get the time Jay.

PP21 Jay is the one person who can help you, so I hope you listen Smile

Well, first off, I think you are adorable, based off your picture :3 . So don't feel like you look bad or anything.

As for how you feel, I cannot relate, but my youngest sister(who's going 10 Smile ) is having problems with her weight. But she loves herself, I mean, she used to cry a lot, cause kids picked on her,
-spooky voice-:But I set them straight(no pun intended Smile ).

Her dad bought her a bike and she rides it everyday. It was weird though, cause our mom is naturally thin, so is her dad, but it turns out obesity runs in her side of the family. The glands that control weight, were like on overdrive(meaning, she gained weight very easily). It'll probably settle once she's matured, but for now she's my perfectly plump chunky monkey :3 (been calling her that for 9years).

I hope you realize that you're beautiful no matter what anyone says. I hope your doing this for you and no one else and I hope for you to be where your happy. Everyone above me has pretty much said it all, so I'll leave you with this.

Kiss3 Bighug

I think its a life choice too, not a temporary thing.

I just cut out eating snacks and ate three proper meals a day, as well as movin to a bigger house which forces me to move more, and already I can see changes.

My friend said to me that if you can feel yourself losing weight, you are probably going to rebound.
If one morning you put on your pants and you realize its too loose, then you are doing it the right way.

Rebounding after dieting can be a killer and permanently damage your body, so reevaluate you life, make small changes and take it slow and easy Smile

hello,
If your having difficulty loosing weight make sure you eat more fibre as this will help your bowels pass more frequently... Bran flakes a bowl of can be good for this... Try to eat five pieces of fruit a day and once a week keep a record of what your weighing and inside have a weight target that you want to achieve and in time your find that your hit this if you persist... If you have a nintendo wii this can help making loosing weight fun and more friendly... Some games id recommend for the nintendo wii

Wii sports, Just Dance (1,2,3) Bully (very physical demanding),

Maybe do half hours dancing a day or half hours playing a game and afterwards make sure to bathe as will open up pores in the skin giving it chance to breathe after building up a sweat... Overtime up the stakes to say an hour a day and make yourself more demanding

Kindest regards

zeon x

hello .i now what you mean. i it hard lose weiht. i fond a good help. i eat to muchs in the evning and then 2apples and a yogurt latter. i started eat the yyogert and 2 apples at 7 then it mean nothsing after. an not bring mony out for sweets afer workl.i good luck if it helps.joseph xxxxxxx