Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm alive. Thank God!
It's been 24 hours since I was about to die...

Yesterday at around 6 pm I finished teaching my English class and I headed out to go home. I had my headphones on and as I was crossing the street, I look over and saw this car driving towards me. By the time I saw it, it was too late... The adrenaline kicked in and everything played in slow mo, I felt myself getting picked up by the car, felt myself in the air, and then I hit the concrete hard street. It was so painful that I started to scream from the top of my lungs. Screamed so loud that I hurt my vocal cords, so loud everyone heard it.
Lucky for me, the driver got off the car and came to check in on me, he and other people helped me in his car and took me to the hospital. At the time I was in utter shock. I didn't know what happened to me, thoughts were racing through my mind... My life, My friends, my dreams, what is going to happen to me? Will I live? Will I die?

I got off the car on a wheel chair and was helped inside, Though I was still in shock. When I was admitted into the ER the doctor was talking to me but I didn't answer, I was just staring at the ground... Panting!
They took me to the x ray room to check if there were any broken bones, but.. Thank God, no broken bones... Just pumps and bruises and scratched skin here and there. I got out of the hospital and the guy who hit me drove me home, I called my family on the way back and when I got there, I could barely do anything but luckily I was out of that shock. So I sat down and thought..

How lucky am I to survive this? I was given another chance to live and actually enjoy life. My whole perception of life changed and I saw there was no reason to ever stress or be angry about anything ever...
It's difficult for us humans to realize this but life truly is PRECIOUS cuz within seconds I could have lost mine... And I survived. So I took it as a chance to text and call the people that I love and tell them how much I love them. I texted about 10 people...

then my mom came in and started nagging about how this is connected to pleasing her and that I should make her happy so things like this shouldn't happen to me. The usual line of bullshit she throws at me and starts making it like it's about herself... Then grand ol' dad joins in and starts adding more bullshit to the mix. I was about to die and there they were, talking about themselves like nothing happened to me. What a horrible family I live with.
I just shook my head then said I need to rest and I can't talk to you guys. I went to bed and started reflecting on everything. I realized that I gave a lot of people more value than the value they should be given, I treat people nicer than they deserve and lots of people don't deserve the love I show them because after some hours there were three people who I texted and considered to be very close to me, didn't reply to my text or reach out to me in anyway... It's been 24 hours since the accident and none of them reached out to me.

I wanted to confront them because it's really annoying what they did but I've been told to leave it at that and not talk to them. It's weird that I didn't hear from them and idk what to do ... And maybe what happened to me was for a reason, to show me who really cares and who doesn't? To show me how precious life is and how I need to get on my grind and start working really hard for the life that I want so that if I go.. I'll know there were no regrets about my life. So many people that I keep in my life for no actual reason, I just keep them there just so they don't get pissed or angry.. I just think I need to be alone for sometime to reevaluate everything in my life. Goals, people, feelings, thoughts, emotions and all else which is why I went off facebook so that I can be away.

anyway, I'm so happy to be here typing this. It's like I'm back to life to tell each and everyone of you guys who were supporting and stood by my side when I truly needed it that I LOVE YOU and you mean a lot to me, although I haven't met any of you in real life so all the more reason to love you people for your support, guidance and encouragement.

Thank you! <3 <3

Im glad to hear your ok! Get well buddy
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

Well, what to say, this is quite moving.... "Welcome back to life"?
I am very glad you made it.

I also got a similar "lesson" last week, even though I wasn't involved myself, where someone here in my building died in a horrible accident. It makes one wonder, why we are worrying or complaining about so many, so little, unimportant things.

Welcome back to life and GS Smile

Aquarius Wrote:Well, what to say, this is quite moving.... "Welcome back to life"?
I am very glad you made it.

I also got a similar "lesson" last week, even though I wasn't involved myself, where someone here in my building died in a horrible accident. It makes one wonder, why we are worrying or complaining about so many, so little, unimportant things.

Welcome back to life and GS Smile

yupp, welcome back to life is the thing to say. Thank you!
You're so right.. It makes no sense, like wtf.. Nothing's worth the anger and negativity.. I didn't understand this before but now I do. and I know what to do with this understanding..

VirgoMasquerade Wrote:Im glad to hear your ok! Get well buddy

Thanks man. Much love!

Very glad that you're ok.

I do agree that things happen for a reason but I often think they aren't necessarily for the reasons you might think. If things do happen for a reason I think they are interconnected to each event, kind of like a spider web, but when the spider is on LSD.

While I don't know your exact relationship with your family. I think they probably do care about you but they have a very different and skewed perspective on what life is to them and that you should honor their wishes. It is kind of a old school way of thinking the way I see it. At any rate I think for your happiness I think you should distance yourself from them and focus on you. I think it is one's responsibility to go after what they want out of life, it is the only one we got.

I have been dealing with some possible issues, I worry a lot about things which may or may not be serious. I always feel like I am going to die alone and at a young age. My experience a couple years ago, not nearly as frightening as yours but enough to scare me to quit smoking. Got my act together with my health. However, even with all that there isn't any guarantee that I'm going to live a long life.

I do think we often end up treating people nicer than we ought to. Sometimes we're better off doing that, there's plenty of times where I should have been nice but was mean and there are times when I was mean but should have been nice. It happens. Sometimes you have to be nice, because it is your boss at work. At any rate, being nice usually works better in the grand scheme of things, but there's a difference between being nice and allowing yourself to be taken advantage of.

Theodore Roosevelt said "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

That all being said, experiences like these really hit home, they make it sit back and reflect on things, I do very much think that it changes our direction. This might be in a way what you need to set things in motion to go after greater things.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Very glad that you're ok.

I do agree that things happen for a reason but I often think they aren't necessarily for the reasons you might think. If things do happen for a reason I think they are interconnected to each event, kind of like a spider web, but when the spider is on LSD.

While I don't know your exact relationship with your family. I think they probably do care about you but they have a very different and skewed perspective on what life is to them and that you should honor their wishes. It is kind of a old school way of thinking the way I see it. At any rate I think for your happiness I think you should distance yourself from them and focus on you. I think it is one's responsibility to go after what they want out of life, it is the only one we got.

I have been dealing with some possible issues, I worry a lot about things which may or may not be serious. I always feel like I am going to die alone and at a young age. My experience a couple years ago, not nearly as frightening as yours but enough to scare me to quit smoking. Got my act together with my health. However, even with all that there isn't any guarantee that I'm going to live a long life.

I do think we often end up treating people nicer than we ought to. Sometimes we're better off doing that, there's plenty of times where I should have been nice but was mean and there are times when I was mean but should have been nice. It happens. Sometimes you have to be nice, because it is your boss at work. At any rate, being nice usually works better in the grand scheme of things, but there's a difference between being nice and allowing yourself to be taken advantage of.

Theodore Roosevelt said "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

That all being said, experiences like these really hit home, they make it sit back and reflect on things, I do very much think that it changes our direction. This might be in a way what you need to set things in motion to go after greater things.

I know that my parents care they just don't know how to show it and have a different way of communication and delivery ... I know they love me but they're just not really emotionally developed .. It's how I see it which is why I always distance myself from them.

Worrying about death isn't going to help you "Living"
It just makes you spend your time thinking about when you die. There's no set time to death. I could die right now while I am typing this.. So I guess we should all just be grateful for each day we live and live it to the max.. We should just live the day because it's all we have ... And that's how it should be and go.

Wow... So pleased you are okay!!!! Bet you're going to be sore for a bit so get plenty of rest over the next few days.

When something like this happens and people still manage to make the situation about themselves then it really is an eye opener. I know what you've previously said about your parents but it's still hard for me to process because when I've been in *kind* of similar situations, my family has shown unconditional love/support (maybe a little nagging from my Mum after a day or so to make sure I'm more careful in future but only because she'd be worried for me). I really can't wait for you to have an independent life in the future and live your dreams Smile

Like I say, glad you are 'okay' x

IanSaysHi Wrote:Wow... So pleased you are okay!!!! Bet you're going to be sore for a bit so get plenty of rest over the next few days.

When something like this happens and people still manage to make the situation about themselves then it really is an eye opener. I know what you've previously said about your parents but it's still hard for me to process because when I've been in *kind* of similar situations, my family has shown unconditional love/support (maybe a little nagging from my Mum after a day or so to make sure I'm more careful in future but only because she'd be worried for me). I really can't wait for you to have an independent life in the future and live your dreams Smile

Like I say, glad you are 'okay' x

Thanks mate, Yeah well like I always say.. Family doesn't always have to be blood.
It was an eye opener experience and I'm glad I came out fine.
What rlly bugged me was the people who didn't get back to me when I texted them. now that was surprising! I'll let you know when I have that life. Haha till then, much love! <3

Glad you are here to worry about all these things. It is a gift we should all appreciate.

Hope you will be able to take a little walk and see things around you in a new and happy way.

PS: Save those headphones for when you are not walking on busy streets!
I bid NO Trump!