Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What book has affected your life the most?
Ok, so sort of strange, but the book that probably got me the most when I was younger was The Trumpet Of The Swan. In grade 3 it was the book that my teacher read to us in the Spring. I really liked it a lot and came up with all sorts of questions that basically made me look as awkward as namesake, and so my teacher gave me her copy of the book to take home and read ahead. She didn't even have another copy to continue reading during the day, so she went out and bought a new copy so I could keep mine at home to read before bed each night. I was so crushed when we were finishing the book as a group (I had already read it 2 or 3 times by then), and was utterly shocked when she said I could keep it.

It was probably most influencial because it was the first book that made me want to read over and over again (bar Dr Suess when I was super young in my bed on Sunday mornings before my parents got up that is), and I feel like it started me on my literary journey.

Fascinating choices guys! I especially like your answers Blue and Pix Confusedmile: But everyone here has had some wonderful choices. Thank you all for posting so far and sharing.

For me I would agree with blue about the bible. As for other books the greatest ones are the Outsiders and my side of the mountain.

The Bible.

The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran.

Siddhartha and The Glass Bead Game by Hermann Hesse.

Jonathan Livingstone Seagull, Illusions, and One - all by Richard Bach.

I'm sure I'll think of some more later.

The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan
The Addictive Personality by Craig Nakken

that's all I can think of right now..

@monk: I heard Richard Bach got seriously injured in a plane accident just recently.. Hope he recovers soon...