Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone I Love is Gay
So, I just got back from eating grilled chicken at my mom's. That's right, my mom grills, pretty awesome right!!! - Anyhow, I got to looking at this book we were thinking of sending my grandma to help her cope with me coming out and it turns out it is a ex-gay book!!! Promoting reparative therapy!!! Yuck right?

Here is a bit of a warning about the book - http://goodasgay.blogspot.com/2012/08/so...s-gay.html

Just wondering if anyone knew of a good book to recommend my grandma?

ETA: Offhand, I think comedy never hurts and helps to heal and recover from shocks (and this sounds like it would be easy to read), so I'll go with this one:

My first choice

ETA 2: If your granny is a prude then I take this choice back. I never met your granny so I really don't have any idea. I just know this is what I'd give MY granny if I wanted her to be more comfortable with it, but she's able to laugh about sex (and recognize silliness) without getting all offended.

Btw, libraries tend to have books on what it's like to be gay so they might be worth looking at. I can't recall where those books are, however, but the Teen Section often has at least one book, and I mean even in some small towns.