Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Print Server
My dad brought a USB Print server (after I told him to :biggrinSmile.

Its actually amazing, so the idea is I convert the USB printer into a network printer so that it can be shared around the house to his other computers.

So avoiding the wireless printer server as that would cause a lot of havoc he got a wired one, so I hooked it upto the router, by the way its a one of these magical do everything printers you know.

Installed the program on the laptop setup the reserved IP address and done!

I could print over the network, took 5 mins to setup its brilliant :biggrin:, its only shared between two computers but its really smart, saves unplugging it when you want to use it on a different computer.

setting up a network in the house is pretty cool.

I am on a Dell and an Apple MacBook Pro and got a Time Capsule which is an Apple wireless external HD for backup as well as a hub for creating a network for printers, other computers, the whole shebang Luvkiss magic Luvkiss

Hi All,
I think i know what ur on about lol... Kinda lost but i got the lodger to assist with my pc issues instead of paying me line rental so any issues u cant find answer for ill get him to sort it for ya via this forum

kindest regards

zeon x

fjp999 Wrote:setting up a network in the house is pretty cool.

I am on a Dell and an Apple MacBook Pro and got a Time Capsule which is an Apple wireless external HD for backup as well as a hub for creating a network for printers, other computers, the whole shebang Luvkiss magic Luvkiss

time capsule is a brilliant idea, it was one of the popular things when leapord came out.
Apple really do make it easy for home networks I have to admit, Microsoft make it a pain Biggrina

zeon Wrote:Hi All,
I think i know what ur on about lol... Kinda lost but i got the lodger to assist with my pc issues instead of paying me line rental so any issues u cant find answer for ill get him to sort it for ya via this forum

kindest regards

zeon x

I feel insulted Roflmao, plus I have a pritty good reputation on IT forums :biggrin:

CardShark Wrote:time capsule is a brilliant idea, it was one of the popular things when leapord came out.
Apple really do make it easy for home networks I have to admit, Microsoft make it a pain Biggrina

I feel insulted Roflmao, plus I have a pritty good reputation on IT forums :biggrin:

hehe bless ya card.. Dont feel insul;ted little one your unable to be commanded 24/7 like my lodger :tongue:

kindest regards

zeon