Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm burned ...
Hey guys, Scatter

I'm so excited I found this forum and anticipating your thoughts on my case ... Confusedmile:
First let me start off by saying this, I'm not a pre-judgemental sort of a person and I don't take things right into my account according to my personal feelings.

One day during my work time (I work in a hotel at the reception) a handsome italian pilot came to check out. All what I can see on his face is his wide grin and his friendly behaviour. I settled his account and we talked about many things during his wait for the rest of his crew to come down. We talked about our places (since we both are from different countries) and our preference as to which type of a person are we: he's more of a town/village guy and I'm more of the same with a tendancy to city life. We talked about football and the italian league and he was interested about it, etc .. the conversation was so nice and long that he did not want to leave even though he could see me that I was busy. All the time, I'm noticing his smile and his constant eye contact, it was mesmerizing!! He looked more like he's interested in discovering me and stuff until someone came to interrupt us to arrange his departure. He seemed like he was being forced to leave and stand in the lobby with his mates. While I was busy I could see on the back of my eye that his body is facing my direction while his friend is talking to him. I couldn't dare to look at him (Even though I wish I did) to make sure he's looking at me! And because I don't judge people right away, I dismissed his interest as being just friendly and perhaps I was reading incorrect signs.

The second time around (And that was after a week) he was passing by while I was with another client. He smiled wide open and waved at me ... then he approached my desk and said that he will bring me something (an autograph of a famous italian coach). I thanked him and he left. I couldn't make sure of anything at this time still considered it a friendly approach.

The third time (again, after a week) he was already checked out but waiting for his crew, while he was talking to his friends, he left them, walked a bit around still facing me, while i'm just acting a bit busy, he came and sat to talk to me: we talked about cigars, wine, days off, then he told me that he'll be a week off duty and will be back on etc etc date as if like letting me know when he'll be back or perhaps trying to know if i'll be working on that date. The weird thing is we talked about our places again as if we did not talk about it already before. We were both interested in listening to each other saying the same thing over again. Then I wanted to put my doubts into a test (I'm not sure if it was a good one though), in few seconds after we figured out that we talked already the same thing, we became silent that's where i turned a bit to my work mate and said something regarding the work while flipping my papers .. that's where he popped another topic to talk about. It looked like he wanted to keep the conversation running or maybe just trying to catch my attention again. All i can see, is his fixed eye contact, his never-ending wide smile and his blush and sort of a bit nervous body langauge. I have been working in customer service for many years and I can easily identify those who are friendly like normal friendly but this guy was soo different like seriously looking me in the eye constantly and smiling! The same thing that happened on the first time when his colleague came for the check out and it was a bit hard for him to move away. This third encounter made me consider the fact that he might be into me!

I can't confirm it but am I reading the signs correctly? :confused: Am I seeing things? :tongue: what do you think of this guy? have you guys been through the same situation? What I think is that he is but maybe I'm wrong. All this week I'm in doubts and thoughts and I can't rest because I'm thinking about him every day ... I'm in a desperate need for your advice and your analysis at my case!! :frown:

P.S: i read somewhere on this forum the story about the italian diplomat and the member kept mentioning something like "... you know, he's italian! .. " .. " .. because he's italian ... " is there anything about italian guys that i don't know?

sorry for the long post :redface:

It can be harder to tell with foreigners at times but offering to bring you a photo and the constant looks... I'd be leaning towards yes. Some people that travel a lot get quite adept at chatting with strangers but to actually offer something seems like actual flirting to me. Hope to not be wrong here, as it can be hard to tell

hi italian first off i want to say welcome to the forum

i think im in agreement with jbrowder on this one
*sighs* i wish i knew what to say on this one but i dontSad

enjoy your stayConfusedmile:

From what I've been told, the key is to ask questions where the meaning is open to their interpretation.

You could, for example, deliberately ask him what it's like to be a pilot by asking a few questions about it. Then you could ask "So does anything risqué happen in your cockpit?" and see how he responds. :biggrin:

thank you all for your replies Smile

@Paul1: LOL since you seem to be an expert in what questions to ask, would you mind telling me what kind of questions I can ask that doesn't come across as asking "Are you gay?" I mean, there must be some tips in how to know if someone is or is not instead of asking directly.

@Jbrowder24: like what you said, I tend to think he is but i just need to confirm it ... I'm not quite expert in mingling with guys unfortunately ... we didn't talk anything out of the ordinary but as I said "his full attention and eye contact are always there" which I define them as out of just being friendly. I'm interested in knowing what would you do if you were in my place?

Hell .. I'm enjoying this forum :-D

I agree with Paul,
Ask him more questions and you can ask him like how his girlfriend handle to have a man who is around the world or something like that and then he will tell you if he is single or not and hopefully if he is gay Wink

For me the part of the story that makes it more obvious that he may flirting is the part with the dates when he is having a week off and when he comes back... Its really too much for someone who dont know... in my opinion...
Relax and enjoy it...

Paul1 Wrote:From what I've been told, the key is to ask questions where the meaning is open to their interpretation.

You could, for example, deliberately ask him what it's like to be a pilot by asking a few questions about it. Then you could ask "So does anything risqué happen in your cockpit?" and see how he responds. :biggrin:

Well, there is a language barrier to consider as well.

again, thank you again for your replies .. lovin' this ..

i will be asking this question "about how his family and girlfriend cope with the fact of not seeing him always?" i guess i'll drop some questions about his work .. urg i just need to keep looking and talking to him ..

i will for sure inform you guys the details of the next time I see him which is coming pretty soon. He told him he's gonna have his 1 week off last saturday so in the coming few days he'll be here ... can't wait :biggrin:

anyone dealt here with a long distance relationship? does it work? Confusedmile:

The thing is, even if he doesn't identify himself as gay, he may be into some man on man action, and maybe it'll be just the once because he likes YOU and he finds YOU attractive (no one else)/ Being gay does not necessarily mean that you fall in love with every man you meet, as you know. It sounds like the attraction is at least a little mutual, if not he would not be so friendly and so smiley. Would there be a possibility of you two joining for a drink somewhere some time? Because that's generally a good way to start a relationship, at a time when both of you are relaxed and not working.

italianandme Wrote:again, thank you again for your replies .. lovin' this ..

i will be asking this question "about how his family and girlfriend cope with the fact of not seeing him always?" i guess i'll drop some questions about his work .. urg i just need to keep looking and talking to him ..

i will for sure inform you guys the details of the next time I see him which is coming pretty soon. He told him he's gonna have his 1 week off last saturday so in the coming few days he'll be here ... can't wait :biggrin:

anyone dealt here with a long distance relationship? does it work? Confusedmile:

Yes, they can work but it takes courage, a strong relationship, and trust. By the way, be ready for the return question about the girlfriend, if you ask first, he may ask you back... so what will you respond??