Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I'm gay, therefore it's not offensive."
There are three topics that I've noticed will always spawn an argument on places like Youtube, Wikia pages, new articles that allow comments, etc. Religion, politics, and My Little Pony. All of which can relate to homosexuality in some way. And something I've noticed a lot of those comments that seem really homophobic and bigoted, but they try to defend themselves by saying something like "Before you start hating, I'm gay, so I know what I'm talking about." or "I have a ton of gay friends, I'm not a homophobe." or "My brother is gay too and I love him." Does being gay or being affiliated with a gay person automatically make an otherwise offensive comment not offensive.

Here are some examples I remember:
"I don't have a problem with gay people, in fact my brother is gay. It's those loud, in your face, floaty gay people that annoy me. You all know what I'm talking about. The "we're here, we're queer, get used to it" ones. I'm just glad my brother is normal and has decency."

"Kurt (from Glee) is so freaking annoying. Does he have to be so flamboyant? And before you guys start hating, I'm gay too."

"Why do so many faggots feel the need to get together and make themselves seem like such a big deal, like they so important? No one gives a crap, so stop trying to make them give a crap. And guess what, I'm gay too. I just hate it when faggots are all in your face with pride parades, dancing around in their underwear, and making us look even worse and straight people hate us more."

"I really don't like the message this is sending because children watch this too. They'll go around confused thinking being gay and gay marriage is normal, when it's not. I myself am also gay and I'm in a loving gay relationship, but we're not going around telling everyone our story and forcing people to accept us. It just gets annoying."

I dunno about you guys, but I find comments like these offensive no matter who wrote them. :/ Plus, sometimes it's hard for me to even believe some of them are truly gay. They could be straight homophobes saying this stuff and then saying their gay so no one will get mad at them.... Kind of reminds me of how some people also say "jokingly" homophobic things, and then right away say "Not that there's anything wrong with that" or "For the record, I'm totally okay with gay people". And then continue to say homophobic things. I'm looking at you Pewdiepie and those guys that make Sanity Not Included....

"Why do so many faggots feel the need to get together and make themselves seem like such a big deal, like they so important? No one gives a crap, so stop trying to make them give a crap. And guess what, I'm gay too. I just hate it when faggots are all in your face with pride parades, dancing around in their underwear, and making us look even worse and straight people hate us more."

I think Im in love with this guy! Wish I knew who he was!!!!

Ive stated pretty much the same thing in all related threads. The thing that IS offensive to me, is the fact that these people going around SHOVING "GAY" IN YOUR FACE all the time, are EXACTLY the same kind of people that the "straights" and religious zealots are!!!

And in the case of this thread story, I hate these people too.

If they want to be accepted for who they are, then parades with dicks, asses, and tits flopping around aint gonna do it. Shoving your opinions down everybodys throats isnt gonna do it. And acting like flamming faggots for the media isnt gonna do it. In fact, these people are holding the rest of us BACK, and are extremely detrimental to the rest of us trying to live as a decent human.

The more fags, pansies, dicks, asses, and tits that are shoved and crammed into the media and other peoples faces, the more that these people that are going to hate same sex partnerships and those who are in them.

Gay people can say faggot all they want. The other stuff might be offensive but it's mostly said out of insecurity so we should tolerate it

I don't approve of gays using the word "faggot" any more than I approve of blacks using the N-word. Hate can be spread from anywhere.

It's still offensive. Women talking about how other women deserve it is an example. Some black conservative got roasted by the black community when he said if he had his way all blacks would be put back on the plantation to learn the work ethic, so he didn't get a pass. Why should those ignorant or downright hateful comments (which are ALL of the examples you shared) get a pass? They won't from me.

What is a hateful comment to some, is only blinding truth to others.

What's all this dumbshit? huh, what are my eyes looking at? Like Sis what?

Seriously? People actually give two left fucks?

If I wanna slap every person in my path with glitter dust and unicorn shit, than that's on me, at the end of the day, only I can judge myself, if I think I did something wrong, I will change.

But too many people now a days wanna have power and control and a say in any and everything and I just don't get it.

Why is it up to anyone, who is not the person to say "Why is he such a flamer? He should be regular!" like what?

Just move on gurl, everyone only has one life to live so far as we know and they are living it their way and so you should live yours your way.

I swear people are just jealous they aren't able to express themselves more outwardly or just be more happy with themselves, cause who otherwise has time to be judging someone else, who more than likely don't give a shit none...

And as for Nigga or any other "offensive" word, they are just that, words. Words don't carry power or actions, not unless you give it to them and trust me on this, Black people who call each other Nigga are not offended by it in the least.

The only reason why it's seen as offensive, is because of the degrading purpose it served when used by white people during slavery.

You can call me every single named under the sun and moon and I could care less, because those are just words. Sissy, Faggot, Bitch, Girly-man, whatever, call me what you like hunni, just don't call me late for dinner, shoot.

People who do that stuff "I'm gay, but he tears the ass out of it" to me, looks like a gay guy with self-internalized homophobia or a lack of self-esteem or something that makes him jealous or uncomfortable within himself as a gay person and that's on him, don't go trying to bring down fabulous queens who are comfortable and happy in their skins.

And to touch on that, it takes sooo long to get comfortable in a skin that is hated or looked down upon by so many.

I was born in an Era here, where racial division was barely just out the door and I myself am a product of two races, so things weren't a walk in the park as a youth for me, even though now both races(black and white in this instance) find persons of my skin colour to be lucky or exotic, it wasn't always this way.

Not to mention I am gay, and I'd be damned if I let someone try to bring me down for being who I am, not any more gurl, I let it happen in High School, but it will Never happen again.

Let people be who they are and if you don't like it, you ain't gotta speak to them, hang around them or anything, you can just move on or ignore it, but don't try to bring them down for living their lives.

I read those dumb comments on Youtube and stuff and I feel sorry for those people, that they have so much resentment and animosity for people they claim to be themselves or are "okay with" or whatever.

Like Davearoo said, Hate can be spread from anywhere and unfortunately it seems, it's being spread from within the very community itself and that to me, is probably the saddest thing I've ever come across...

Equality for All people is what the goal is, isn't? Not just the "regular", socio-normative, conformists.

Hands-make-heart

Girls just wanna have fun.....

[Image: slap.gif]

I think some problems gay guys go through with flamboyant guys is that it's sorta hard to come out when you're not flamboyant...I speak from personal experience because I'm still trying to convince a couple of my friends that I'm gay. ( Half a year and they still don't believe.WOW) Don't get me wrong, they don't mind I'm gay, they just don't believe it because I'm not pooping out rainbows and spawning unicorns.

Kenny221 Wrote:I think some problems gay guys go through with flamboyant guys is that it's sorta hard to come out when you're not flamboyant...I speak from personal experience because I'm still trying to convince a couple of my friends that I'm gay. ( Half a year and they still don't believe.WOW) Don't get me wrong, they don't mind I'm gay, they just don't believe it because I'm not pooping out rainbows and spawning unicorns.

REALLYYY?? lolz gurl, I could spot your faux-vag from here, omgosh x.x

And hey! Some people ask me sometimes am I gay... before I start talking, but hey! atleast they ask xDD

~

However ma'am, I personally think this is an excuse. If you know you're gay, you tell your friends and family your gay and they don't wanna believe it, that's on them.

They'll just have to find out when they see your sex tape with Ray-J and your on your knees servicing his cock into your mouth hole...

Gay guys who are not flamboyant I feel like just look for someone or anything to peg as "worse then me", to make their own "gayness" look better, like saying;

"Well, atleast I'm not that gay"

and then this is where your problem comes in, because you've pushed all that on the feminine guys, you took away the possibility of a non-fem guy being gay, however;

bitch, you're still gay? What diff does it make, your sucking dick, take wood up your Chimney Hole and living your life with another guy?

Sounds like we're doing the same things doesn't?

I still say gays who are "masculine" to some degree are uncomfortable or insecure if they blame or use more flamboyant gays, who are more than likely completely comfortable in their skins, as an excuse or way out of the "gay stigma" ....

Maybe not you Kenny dear, but several Dilly Dallers all around.
Sheep