Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I'm gay, therefore it's not offensive."
TonyAndonuts Wrote:"Kurt (from Glee) is so freaking annoying. Does he have to be so flamboyant? And before you guys start hating, I'm gay too."

Ugh, there is nothing wrong with Kurt from Glee. One has to wonder about the mere pseudo-logic mental gymnastics people who think like that go through to think people who dress decently and talk in a high voice are somehow trying to be offensive. My goodness, Kurt only dresses more decently than like, most people in the country. I mean, does this look inappropriate to you:
[Image: Kurrrt.png]

I mean, there's already O so many accents out there where the people have high voices to begin with anyway.

Kenny221 Wrote:I think some problems gay guys go through with flamboyant guys is that it's sorta hard to come out when you're not flamboyant...I speak from personal experience because I'm still trying to convince a couple of my friends that I'm gay. ( Half a year and they still don't believe.WOW) Don't get me wrong, they don't mind I'm gay, they just don't believe it because I'm not pooping out rainbows and spawning unicorns.

Why do they think you keep saying you're gay then? :confused:

That just sounds bizarre to me. And I don't blame the flamboyant ones for your friends being that dense.

davearoo Wrote:I don't approve of gays using the word "faggot" any more than I approve of blacks using the N-word. Hate can be spread from anywhere.

Thank you. I know words are just words and all and they're only offensive if you make it offensive, but if the very point of a word is to be hateful and offensive, I personally think it's stupid to use it so nonchalantly.

And if words are just words and they shouldn't hold any power, then shoot, I'mma go out and call every black, gay, Hispanic, Asian, whatever person on the street the most hateful and offensive thing I can come up with. And if they get mad, well, that ain't my problem. All I did was call them a name. If they get mad, it's not my fault, it's their fault for getting offended in the first place. Right?

And while I do agree to an extent that shoving what you believe in into people's faces can get annoying and possibly counter productive, I also don't like the idea of just sitting by and letting uneducated homophobes continue to hate. Doing too much is harmful, but so is not doing anything.

Gay Guy: "Don't worry. Unlike the others, I'm not gonna shove my life into your face, bombard you with facts, and force you to accept me."
Straight Guy: "Okay cool, then I won't....faggot."

Arkansota Wrote:Gay people can say faggot all they want. The other stuff might be offensive but it's mostly said out of insecurity so we should tolerate it

Intolerances should not be tolerated u.u

I find any form of at least the YouTube comments to be not that helpful.. Sometimes it's really frustrating to read it, but to kill boredom, I think it's pretty good.

Joshular Wrote:Intolerances should not be tolerated u.u

Do we tolerate intolerant intolerances from intolerant intolerancers, or do we tolerate tolerable tolerances from intolerant tolerancables?

I find it annoying when people say shit like that to cover up their bullshit.

It's like when a hardcore Republican strikes down gay rights verbally
(in the most distasteful and offensive of ways)
or within their power accomplishes such things into law
then says: "Why, I have many close gay friends who agree to disagree
with me on these issues, but we are still very close and love each other".

Yet, that gay imaginary friend is nowhere to be found ever!
(because they don't exist).

It's like when white people say "nigger this or nigger that" with their white friends,
then are quick to rush into explanation
when confronted about the racist shit they just said...
about how they have this one black friend who they're really cool with
(but had probably only said "hi" to once in the hallway of their workplace or school),
as if that exempts them from the bigotry that just left their mouths...
somehow proving they aren't the racist pig of which they really are...

I swear.... people are just fucking stupid.....

Well, there's your equality right there. Straight people ain't got no pride parades or "coming out"s or whatever. They don't tell you their story or ask you to accept their sexuality because no one cares. Frankly, if you want equality, act like those you wish to be equal to. Even if there are people who dislike homosexuals, rubbing it in their faces ain't gonna get you anywhere.

If someone asks me about my sexual orientation and I think it's relevant to the discussion I will tell them. But I will not go around announcing it. I actually recently wrote a complaint letter for a class about this topic, or something similar to it.

So maybe I too am one of those who uses the "I'm gay, therefore it's not offensive" excuse. So what? I don't care who hates on me or gay people in general unless they make a direct claim (personal or otherwise) that can be refuted with clear evidence. Learn to tolerate intolerance, even from behind our own lines.

Ehhh it's late and I'm not thinking straight (no pun intended) so that probably didn't make much sense....

EDIT: maybe I'm just too apathetic to be contributing to this kind of discussion.... :biggrin:

MisterTinkles Wrote:Do we tolerate intolerant intolerances from intolerant intolerancers, or do we tolerate tolerable tolerances from intolerant tolerancables?

Shut up ._.

ChrisD Wrote:Well, there's your equality right there. Straight people ain't got no pride parades or "coming out"s or whatever. They don't tell you their story or ask you to accept their sexuality because no one cares. Frankly, if you want equality, act like those you wish to be equal to. Even if there are people who dislike homosexuals, rubbing it in their faces ain't gonna get you anywhere.

If someone asks me about my sexual orientation and I think it's relevant to the discussion I will tell them. But I will not go around announcing it. I actually recently wrote a complaint letter for a class about this topic, or something similar to it.

So maybe I too am one of those who uses the "I'm gay, therefore it's not offensive" excuse. So what? I don't care who hates on me or gay people in general unless they make a direct claim (personal or otherwise) that can be refuted with clear evidence. Learn to tolerate intolerance, even from behind our own lines.

Ehhh it's late and I'm not thinking straight (no pun intended) so that probably didn't make much sense....

EDIT: maybe I'm just too apathetic to be contributing to this kind of discussion.... :biggrin:

I'd have to say I disagree with almost everything. I don't think intolerance should be tolerated. If someone is treating someone else badly or being unfair to them just because of what they are, I'm not just gonna go "Okay cool, keep doing that". And we don't have straight pride parades because being straight is the norm, it's expected, it's what keeps the human race going. Homosexuality isn't the norm and there's still plenty of people who hate it and plenty of homosexuals still being treated horribly. The point of celebrating is to help those who've struggled feel good about themselves and what they are. I mean, I doubt there are many people out there struggling with the fact that they're straight and, correct me if I'm wrong, but are there people out there pissed that we have a Black History Month and not a White History Month? People seem to be fine with that, why not gay pride celebrations?