Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm gonna burn!!!
So the other day I posted a short video on my YouTube channel for National Coming Out Day. It was mostly about accepting who you are and not letting others get you down because they can't or won't accept you for who you are. And yes, at the beginning of the video I admitted that I am gay. I have to say it was harder than I thought it would be.

So a couple of days ago, someone who watched the video posted a comment about how I needed to "get my act together" or I was going to "burn in hell!" And I have to admit that I was a bit shocked at first!

Before coming to terms with my sexuality, I can remember saying that homosexuality was wrong, but I never said anyone was going to burn in hell because of it, let alone tell anyone that they were personally damned for all eternity. That comment was...for lack of a better word...shocking!

Now don't get me wrong, this stupid act from a blithering idiot did not send me into some sort of tail spin. In fact, my second reaction was to just shake it off and chalk it up to ignorance and blind religion. Bu I felt like I needed to respond to the post, simply to show that I was not phased by the comment and to tell the viewer that I truly had sympathy for them because they were blinded to the real truth that God loves everyone, regardless.

So I posted a comment simply stating that I felt sorry for them and that I hoped someday their eyes would be opened to the truth. But the point of this post is just to simply get this off my chest and say that I hope someday people will wake up and stop being so stupid. Probably won't ever happen, but it doesn't hurt to hope!

They can talk so much smack behind a computer screen but never to someone's face. They are just cowards. (: I'm proud of you.

Thanks RB! Yeah it's real easy to talk shit when your hundreds or thousands of miles away, but stand face to face and toe to toe with the one you're trying to intimidate and see just how big and bad you are!

archubbycub Wrote:So the other day I posted a short video on my YouTube channel for National Coming Out Day ... yes, at the beginning of the video I admitted that I am gay. I have to say it was harder than I thought it would be ...
dude you cant love all of gods creations but on thing you can do is work on that self love. dont ever let your self down.

Thanks pell!! Yeah I definitely get that I'm not gonna get along with everyone, but I'm doing my best to not let others effect how I see myself. And as far as living myself, I've never loved myself more than I do right now! I've come to the realization that I am a fabulous person, regardless of who I'm attracted to!

archubbycub Wrote:... I've never loved myself more than I do right now! I've come to the realization that I am a fabulous person, regardless of who I'm attracted to!
please be attracted to other even more fabulous people!

pellaz Wrote:please be attracted to other even more fabulous people!

Oh yeah!! I've definitely had my eyes on one guy in particular! And all the other eye candy out there really helps to pass the time and gives me a lot to feed my already over active imagination! Wink

The more popular you get the more of these comments you'll get. On YT I think of them as the "Westboro peanut gallery." On some of the popular gay vids (including lesbian slash that would appeal somewhat to men) I've seen all kinds of preaching and profanity, and all this sounds pretty typical:

And you can't reason with them, you have to keep in mind that devout religion operates in a different part of the brain than reason (this has been shown to be true) and so you can't get them to examine their beliefs anymore than you could a schizo.

Just be aware that there's also a "troll" which posts things just to get a reaction. I've actually gotten pretty good at telling them apart now (if I'm not sure, and I'm curious, I'll click on their name and they'll usually have a post history that reveals them and a great many of them also love video games which is apparent on their YT page). This is a good metaphor for the internet troll:

In case you start to get a lot more more views than you should brace yourself for both.

and that is the reason why I have the Herp Derp add-on for Firefox so I don't have to read any comments on You Tube.

It just annoys the crap out of me seeing all the pimply obese 60 year old men with a half inch penis suffering from chronic incontinence grow a pair of balls with a keyboard in front of them.

I mean come on, you go and watch a Justin Bieber Video and the comments are just so hateful and hurtful.

Actually just about every video I watch from the earthquake and tsunami in Japan to Aquarium building has some sort of 'Redeem yourself faggot' comments.

So don't take it as a personal attack chubby, its just some moron that spends 14hours a day trolling the internet looking for a reason to abuse someone.

Oh I didn't take it personal at all! I just think it's ad when someone blindly follows an idea or belief they have been taught all their life then turns around and tries to shove it down everyones throat!