Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm in love with my student, what should I do?
OrphanPip Wrote:It's not pedophilia, in so far that it doesn't involve any morbid psychology. However, it is unprofessional, immoral, and illegal.

Pedophilia - pediatric - prepuberty

Ebeophilia - after puberty - teenager

To be clinically accurate.
Morbid psychology? Haha I guess where you live definitions are a lil different? HOW can you say those posts are sans morbis? Or were you speaking about it per se and not Alex in this situation?

Unprofessional can't be denied and legality may be a local thing but yes, I doubt where Alexander is 15 is legal for boys.
Your response intrigued me tho, I've already said all I can say about and to Alex.... Smile

I used morbid in the sense of pathological. "To be clinically accurate," the DSM considers pedophilia to be a pathological sexual interest in the pre or early pubescent child. Ephebophilia is not a recognized pathology, but is an archaic byproduct of the early sexological obsession with the naming of sexual preferences. A sexual interest in an older teenager is not indicative of a pathological obsession with teenagers on its own. And if he did have such a preference it wouldn't normally be recognized as a disorder by most psychiatric associations.

<<A sexual interest in an older teenager is not indicative of a pathological obsession with teenagers on its own. And if he did have such a preference it wouldn't normally be recognized as a disorder by most psychiatric associations>>

Gotcha. Just wanting to have ya split the hair for me ~ Ephebophilia was used tho exactly by def and not in DSM terms as I was posting and I figured you could see that already. Thx for hitting back on that - I agree that as presented at this point and all....cheers!

OrphanPip Wrote:I used morbid in the sense of pathological. "To be clinically accurate," the DSM considers pedophilia to be a pathological sexual interest in the pre or early pubescent child. Ephebophilia is not a recognized pathology, but is an archaic byproduct of the early sexological obsession with the naming of sexual preferences. A sexual interest in an older teenager is not indicative of a pathological obsession with teenagers on its own. And if he did have such a preference it wouldn't normally be recognized as a disorder by most psychiatric associations.

I think there's one thing and only one thing you have to consider here, that being can you reasonably expect to not be fired if you become involved with him? If the answer to this question is "yes" then wait a few months until he turns 16 and go for it. If you want to, he's the age of consent, and you face no concrete consequences then there's no reason not to. If he's really hot for teacher he'll probably be glad he got the opportunity to indulge in his fantasy - even if you don't end up getting married one day.

Alexander Wrote:I'm not going to have sex with him, so why should I care about the age of consent? I'm talking about dating only. No sex.

Is this dating you speak of going to be in full view of everyone , out in the open?

No matter how you sugar coat it , he is still a child.

Wait till your both old enough maybez

Rainbowmum Wrote:Is this dating you speak of going to be in full view of everyone , out in the open?

No matter how you sugar coat it , he is still a child.

Not to mention, Someone's baby.

Just to make sure your very clear on the consequences if you try and take this relationship further, regardless of who initiates it.

You are the adult, he is the minor. You are the teacher and he is your student.

The legal age of consent in the UK is 16 EXCEPT if he is a student and you are his teacher. The law is very specific on this, its not grey in anyway. Teachers (both male and female) have been prosecuted and imprisoned for exactly what you are proposing, even when the age gap is smaller (15 year old pupil and 21 year old (male) student teacher) And it doesn't have to involve physical sexual contact. And that protection under the law remains in place while you are his teacher, regardless of whether he is over the age of consent or not!

If your willing to risk your whole future, freedom, career and family over an infatuation with a minor thats your decision. Despite what others may post on here - and I have a great deal of respect for my fellow GS members - this is just plain wrong and should not be encouraged in anyway whatsoever.

As others have said.. he's 15. It's illegal.

Secondly, you're a teacher aka a role model.. not there to date your students.

I would suggest you simply let it go.

Many kids have crushes on their teachers. They don't usually date them though.. and for good reason.

Tyrion Wrote:As others have said.. he's 15. It's illegal.

Secondly, you're a teacher aka a role model.. not there to date your students.

I would suggest you simply let it go.

Many kids have crushes on their teachers. They don't usually date them though.. and for good reason.

Some students dated the teachers at my school O.O