Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm invisible r'something...
So I pretty much only have one best gay friend and when I became good friends with him
he was already in a long term relationship with this guy who I later also became friends with.

Well, they've already broken up, and my friend has gotten into like two or three other relationships since then. And I haven't been in a relationship since 2009.

I am starting to believe that there is probably something wrong with me that I repel guys, but with my friend, guys are all over him, guys always chat him up, he always gets the compliments, and meanwhile I'm either at the corner talkin' with my best gal pal or at the bar ordering more drinks.

I can be both and extrovert and an introvert when the situation calls for it. I talk to people when I'm out at bars and what-not, but people usually ask me if I'm friend's with my friend and if he's single or looking. Or I would get comments from people about my friend about how they want to have sex with him and all that kind of stuff.

I've learned to just go with the flow at times and just brush it off. I even tell my friend who said what about him and see if they like each other. Mostly cause I'm not a spiteful person and if I were in that situation I'd want someone to tell me if someone thought I was cute - or something.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation. I guess I'm just venting; I'm already at a point where I'm just used to be seen as nothing in those situations, and just be happy to see my friend happy.

But it in the end it still sucks, and I wish someone would notice me. [uh, I sound lame]

justbry87 Wrote:I am starting to believe that there is probably something wrong with me that I repel guys, but with my friend, guys are all over him, guys always chat him up, he always gets the compliments, and meanwhile I'm either at the corner talkin' with my best gal pal or at the bar ordering more drinks.

Maybe that's the problem? If you want to attract guys, you shouldn't wait for them to come to you, you should go out and find one. Make a move yourself, you might be suprised at the reaction you get. Most people like confidence Smile

justbry87 Wrote:Just wanted to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation. I guess I'm just venting; I'm already at a point where I'm just used to be seen as nothing in those situations, and just be happy to see my friend happy.

But it in the end it still sucks, and I wish someone would notice me. [uh, I sound lame]

Don't worry, it doesn't sound lame. We all get hang-ups about stuff like this at some point or another. The best solution for it is action. If you feel like you're going unnoticed, do something to get noticed. Nothing that would comprise of changing your look/personality, but maybe offer a guy a drink? Or go up and do some karaoke? If you just let your friend get all the attention, he's going to keep it. I don't mean you need to contest it or anything, but make him work for it. Don't let yourself sit in his shadow.

Thanks,

I do talk to guys and make small talk, but unlike my friend I'm not the pushy type. I don't like to be on peoples faces just cause I like them. If I talk to a guy and I get the notion they're not really into having a chat with me, then I back off.

I do put myself out there and try, but it just doesn't seem to be enough. That or most guys aren't really into me.

Hmm... maybe ask your friend for some advice? I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving you some tips? I'd find it hard to believe he just exudes some kind of sexy vibes you're not capable of exuding yourself - he's probably doing something you just haven't picked up on perhaps?

Remember, you can be confident without being pushy. If you feel sexy and confident in yourself, it'll show and guys will pick up on it, if you're nervous or going into it with the feeling you're going to strike out, they'll pick up on that too.

Try finding a cool icebreaker. Like, a joke, a magic trick - just something little to pique their interest. It might sound a little tacky, but you can laugh about it afterwards, as long as it gets you in, and past the awkward stage.

Small talk is called small talk for a reason, if you want to make an impression on a guy, find a topic worth talking about - give him a reason to remember you. You might not be successful with someone after one conversation, but if you see them a few times, they might start taking a shine to you?

Not exactly an expert, so I can't really give the best advice, but hopefully something here might help Smile

thanks man,

Appreciate it :]

No problem Smile

I used to repel men too, until I found a product that actually ATTRACTS men.
Justin Beibers "Im Not Gay Spray", attracts ALL SORTS of men!
I just used one spray, and Thomas here was attracted to me RIGHT AWAY!!
We've been together for 14 years now, and couldnt be happier.

[Image: 6a00d8341c730253ef0177430aed95970d-800wi]

[Image: warning_man_repellent_t_shirt-r2fd673a87...lr_512.jpg]

Yeah, some of us guys only have a "window" of opportunity that we are actually attractive to other men.
Seems MY "window" was the 1990's. Before that I was "invisible" to every man on the planet and have been "invisible" since 1998.

So you arent the only one.