Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm kind of a hopeless romantic...
To get straight to the point: I just saw a cute young gay couple on facebook. They look so happy together, I wish I could experience what they have right now... Generally I've grown to be okay with the fact that I haven't found love yet, this just happened to be a trigger that caught me off guard. Just wanted to tell somebody how I feel right now, honestly I'm too embarrassed to bother my friends with things like this haha

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Aw, I know sometimes it can be hard to see others happy, it can awake that longing inside yourself. Hopefully you'll find your love soon.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Aw, I know sometimes it can be hard to see others happy, it can awake that longing inside yourself. Hopefully you'll find your love soon.

Me too. Of course, it's nice to see people being happy, kind of gives me some faith haha but it's a really bittersweet feeling.

Not to sound too much a pessimst... they very well could be very much in love... but I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into what you read on Facebook. People write their own histories to convince themselves as much as others their lives are rosy and "perfect".

Facebook is often an idealistic interpretation, only showing the parts you want to be seen, as you wish others to see them.

Maybe you should try going to youtube and watching cute puppy and kitten videos.

Yeah, I'm pretty much a hopeless romantic too, though I can pass on the cute animal vids lol -
People's attitudes are interesting. I was on another forum for a while and actually got some resentment from a couple guys. The attitude seemed to be, Oh, you're married so you've got it made. One guy said it was irritating to hear me talk about my husband in positive terms all the time and I had no idea what the "real scene" was like.
Thinking about it, maybe his pissy attitude was why he didn't do too well in the romance department.

Why be embarassed by your feelings? It is what you are. You are not alone.

I would like to be with someone too. I tell my closest friends how much I would like to have a boyfriend. Being the picky type it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

I then end my soliloquy with a quote from Donkey in Shrek: I need a hug!

Self pity control now turned off. My regular programming has now resumed.

*hug* Knuddel

Hmmm...that hug looks a little obscene, but I meant well...

Now why would you post this anonymously? Of all things, why be embarrassed about this?