Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm kind of a hopeless romantic...
MrMom Wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty much a hopeless romantic too, though I can pass on the cute animal vids lol -
People's attitudes are interesting. I was on another forum for a while and actually got some resentment from a couple guys. The attitude seemed to be, Oh, you're married so you've got it made. One guy said it was irritating to hear me talk about my husband in positive terms all the time and I had no idea what the "real scene" was like.
Thinking about it, maybe his pissy attitude was why he didn't do too well in the romance department.

I've had the same complaints in other gay forums, Brett and it made me sit back and think about things. Jay and I both cringe about outward type romantic stuff most the time. We don't ever talk like valentine cards.... BUT..... unconsciously our own versions of sweet talk developed that sound nothing like sweet talk to others. Here in GS people are different, a lot friendlier and lot more positive than anywhere I hung out.

Then there's what others see and hear.
I bitch all the time about how he bosses me around and talks mean to me. He complains about me being hard headed, physically abusive and always dirty. When he's here, talking about me like I'm some cave man to my friends and family I just sit back, keep my mouth shut and grin about it... just listening.... enjoying it. To be honest I really like him being bossy and he likes it when I pick him up under one arm and throw him around like we're trailer trashing and I'm the brute redneck he makes me out to be.

it's all hard to describe to people who aren't in relationships. And I had no idea what it would be like until I got sucked into one with this jerk. Now I can't imagine life without him.

Exactly!! He complains that I'm goofy and and it's like he has 3 kids instead of 2. He has trouble with vowels, so my name usually comes out Brat instead of Brett. And I call him "The Warden". And I suppose I'm romantic in...yeah///goofy sorts of ways. When he gets home, the kids and I run and yell and cheer and give him big, wet, sloppy kisses all over his face. Well, my daughter and I do, the baby usually just lets out a celebratory poop.
I was 19 when we met (he was 28, a cradle snatcher) and people tell me I've missed out on a lot, getting involved at that age. But I don't feel like I've missed anything.

Yep!!!!!!!!! All that bitching and complaining takes on a special meaning, doesn't it???? I was doing face with Jay earlier this evening on skype and he was going over all the crap HE has planned for us when I fly to spend 5 days with him next month.... Did you get that? All the crap HE has planned ... I'm not even being consulted... That might be enough to set off someone who's letting their ego call the shots..... As far as I'm concerned if he wants to also pick out my sock for me I don't give a shit. LOL. I'm not sweating the little shit. He and I have these great non-conflicting differences and fantastic overlaps in common interests that give us each a real intuition about who's role it is to do certain things without even discussing them and I'm not talking male/female roles or anything like that.

Actually, I pick out all of Alex's clothes - left on his own,, he'd dress like a geezer. Even our little girl know it - we were shopping the other day and he picked pout a pair of shorts and Katherine and I looked at each other and broke up laughing. The baby just let out a disapproving poop.
But I get what you mean about the dynamic that develops, and I love the way it just flows with no need to think about it.

...sorry everyone, The Blue Eyed Nose Picker and I seem to have hijacked this thread and turned it into a domestic sounding board...we'll go quietly...

I too am embarrassed by my human half, fortunately I am half-elf so I can deny human feelings like want/need of companionship and no one appears to think that that is sociopathic or psychopathic.

I fail to see what good it is to have friends if you can't share with them these emotional sort of things. Keeping it all held back tends not to end well. You really need to find a way to express these things as YOU not as some anonymous individual in the interwebs.

Most people who are single have similar tales to tell, have similar experiences. Frankly I hate the cuddles thread and am glad it died.

And look, I said that without posting anonymously nor hiding behind my elven half. :p