Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not attracted to my husband
Next up on GSTalk - when playing "good cop bad cop", how bad should bad cop get? Should he tell folks like the OP to "fuck off" or just "screw off"? In this era of both political correctness and SJWing, who gets the gold star when the OP makes the right move? Also, hot fashions for early spring. We'll be right back.

Lex

BlueSky Wrote:Since this discussion is still going on and perhaps to provide some closure, here's a little update. I came clean to my husband. He saw the issues too but we've gotten along great as best friends. We're now being completely honest with each other while we slowly figure out what to do over the next several months. It's the most difficult thing I've done but it is necessary and fair.

I don't regret the experiences we've had together, I only wish they were under the context of best friends instead of partners and later marriage. Hopefully this story might help others out and provide a nugget of wisdom for young couples in similar situations. Honestly I feel really dumb though.

this is good to hear. i hope things work out for the better from here. and if you two can keep your friendship going while and after figuring out what to do next, that's even better. good luck.

also, it's good that you updated on the situation and let us know how it went. a lot of guys who ask advice here are never heard of again to elaborate on how things went.

Dude, honestly, this never works. I have been in this situation once. Everything seemed perfect. The guy was awesome, chemistry was amazing, he was well-settled, genuine, honest, down-to-earth and i can go and on extolling him. But, the only challenge was that i wasn't sexually attracted to him AT ALL. Twice i tried to work it out, but eventually figured it wouldn't work out in the long term. As much disappointed and disgusted as i felt at losing someone so nice, and who seemed almost perfect, i had to take the tough call and pull the plug on the relationship which was doomed any way. It hurt both of us, in fact, a lot, but we knew it was for the better.

There's no point in embarking on a journey that only ends in disappointment, pain and regret.

By the way, i quite wonder how you could carry it on for this long. 10 years is a very, very long time, to be in such a relationship. I broke up within 2 months.

Decide fast!