Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not sure about Coachella this year...
Look at this lineup. It kinda sucks. I don't think the kids are going to it.

[Image: poster.php?id=166906]

Hmmmm...I have seen Bette Midler and The Pointer Sister multiple times....would love to see both again....

...but the only draw for me would be Idina Menzel...I love her..would prefer to see her alone though...

Can you buy tickets for one singer or is it a festival?

It is a festival and you will go all three days, pay $10 for a plastic cup of beer that will get knocked out your hand, another $10 for a slice of pizza, you will fist pump to the music, get covered in sweat and dust, start to stink, step in someone's vomit, and you will like it.

[Image: post-18740-Awkward-Coachella-Dancing-GIF-59D6.gif]

Maybe this year's lineup is meant to be a statement of defiance to the perceived sick music industry. Maybe they weren't looking for a good lineup - maybe it's meant to be a big fuck you. Or maybe it's meant to be ironic. I know it's neither of those things, it's just a bit lacklustre, but I think you can find some artistic value in anything if you lie to yourself.

that can't be real.....I mean, look at some of the acts....(which I love, by the way)

Rebbie Jackson? Stacey Q.? Juice Newton? Gloria Loring? Jump N The Saddle?
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I believe that's a joke.

https://www.coachella.com/lineup/?weekend=1&sort=alpha

CellarDweller Wrote:that can't be real.....I mean, look at some of the acts....(which I love, by the way)

Rebbie Jackson? Stacey Q.? Juice Newton? Gloria Loring? Jump N The Saddle?

What are you talking about? It's on the internet so it must be true. Isn't Kathie Lee Gifford headlining an indie-inspired music festival a dream come true? Nobody rocks like Kathie!

lmao! You just made me laugh out loud!

You know, even the Vengaboys didn't cause alarm bells to start ringing. (They're actually playing here, basically in a pub, next week - I didn't realise until someone posted it on Facebook.) I didn't realise it was a joke, even when I saw Uncle Cracker. When I saw the 'lineup', I thought Coachella had more musically important (wasn't sure how to say that) people playing, usually, but then I thought, "Maybe I was mistaken."

This made me laugh out loud.

I'd go to see either line-up.