Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'I'm so poor/I'm dreading running out of money/I wish I had more money.'
I once had the bad luck to move into an apartment full of junkies and they got worse and worse to the point that they'd trash my stuff looking for my money (they didn't even have the decency to put my stuff back they left me to clean it up) and if they found it they spent it on drugs and then demanded I bring in more to cover my share of the rent. (And btw, I did not use their drugs.)

What I had to do was find a flophouse and save up my money to move and get a better place. Of course I had to be a little creative, too, but the main thing was I had to get out and flophouses are (or at least the one I stayed at was) very cheap. And while there I just had a very small room, could not cook in it, and had to share the bath and shower with several others (many on disability and or on drugs and some with real behavior problems).

Of course they can have their own problems, like once when I slept through someone knocking at my door as I was too tired from working and wasn't expecting anyone the door suddenly opened and I saw the landlord try coming in, but he excused himself as I sat up in bed alarmed. I have no idea what his intentions were, be it to steal from me or sniff my panties while masturbating, there are all kinds of freaks in this world.

Another problem was a guy who shared my fridge there woke up after sleeping for days after coming down from meth and raiding the fridge, including in eating nearly all the groceries I put in it. And I had to avoid bad elements, like one guy who tried to lure me away whom I'm sure was trying to set me up for rape and/or robbery, and once a guy brought in some wired prostitutes who stole all they could (the moment I saw them I recognized them as bad news and made sure my door was locked).

Nevertheless, after a couple of months I managed to move away with my own money that I'd saved up, a feat that would've been impossible living with those Frisco junkies (the flophouse I moved to was in Oakland so prices were cheaper, too).

I envy you, Pix. I most certainly couldn't live in a situation like that.

So, they aren't 'poor' anymore. She got her book deal AND another movie option.

So, her book deal was 15,000
Her option starts at 500

So, 15,500

BUT, she won't get this money immediately, she gets the 500 sometime next week.

So... I paid for their dinner yesterday (we went out to eat,) and then today I find out she has a new video game (which normally retails for sixty.) I'm like, 'You bought this?' and she's like, 'Yeah, my husband found out he had money in his Paypal so he bought the game for himself and transferred the rest over to me.'

So... the game is going for 30 dollars right now, since it's half-off, but they bought it for both of them.

Instead of being responsible, they buy video games.

And then I have to go out and buy them soda and toilet paper.

lolololololololololol

They're going to pay me back for paying for their dinner/stuff today, but SERIOUSLY? You are down to, like, $0 in your bank account, you find money and then you SPEND IT ON VIDEO GAMES?

I can't even.

LOL.

Hi Blue, Look at credit unions for savings as they normally pay the best interest, you want to stay in austin, is that engraved in stone? What would you like to see happen in your life? How can we all help other than moral support? Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

James Wrote:Hi Blue, Look at credit unions for savings as they normally pay the best interest, you want to stay in austin, is that engraved in stone? What would you like to see happen in your life? How can we all help other than moral support? Jim

I would prefer to stay in Austin, but it isn't absolutely necessary. I just don't want to move back to Idaho.

Right now I'm hoping my writing career will suddenly take off, or I'll get social security and not have to worry about it. As to helping, the moral support is good for the time being. Smile

Oh how the tables have turned.

So, about five days ago, they sold their car, which they aren't using anymore. They got 300 out of it.

And what do they do with it, other than spending about 100 on groceries?

They go to movies... to go out to eat... they buy video games.

And now they're broke again.

And she just found out she's not getting her option money until the first of August and now she's freaking out about the bills she has to pay (even though she just spent seventeen on a video game for her husband.)

I've been playing the devil's advocate here and have been helping them out with food. I bought them dinner, some other stuff with my food stamp card today and I bought them some stuff yesterday and the previous day.

I really am starting to believe that I'm being used. :/

I love both of these people to death. They're pretty much whom I consider to be my best of friends. Emotionally, though, she's been draining the hell out of me (she almost triggered me when she started crying, but I've managed to remain calm.) Financially they're also starting to strap me. I mean, I'm fine with helping them out every once in a while, but this whole, 'They get money, spend it, then depend on me for help' thing is becoming REALLY old.