Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm sort of lost for words but Hi to everyone
yourname Wrote:Hey man, I didn't read all of that, but welcome to the forum.

So...got any dick pics???

//jk, lol

Give me your facebook page and I'll go copy yours.Elkgrin

CCRox Wrote:Love that intro dude and you've found a good forum for sure. When drama gets started just kick in your gear and scoot around. This place actually RoCkS!! Welcome to GS! Wavey

My first time in a gay bar (not out yet), with a female friend who was out, a dude came from behind and jumped on my back begging for a piggy back ride. I jumped up and backwards landing right on top and knocked him out cold. Poor dear was just being friendly I suppose but you just can't assume all of us go for that sort o' crap first time in a gay bar! I did become a regular but he never messed with me again.

GS is different from every other forum I've been in or visit now. I hope you'll be part of what makes it special over the long haul! Wavey

Here's the honest truth about that guy who groped my BF
I was really polite about it (and smart) after I had a few minutes to think it through.
I bought him a beer and joined him at the bar.
Explained to him I was just back from Afghanistan, and was really upset in a big way when I saw him disrespecting the man I respect most in the world.
Then I told him I decided to let him live in order to save me the trouble of ever having the same problem in that bar. I wanted him to tell everyone he knew that next person who groped my man would be going to the hospital...
..and then I was coming to beat his butt for not doing what I told him to do.

We get over to that bar about 2 times a year. That groper doesn't come there anymore but the bartenders are the same and laugh when they see us walk in...

First off, Welcome back, glad that you survived, second welcome to GS, not a bad place to be to sort thoughts, Third is you will find vets here from multiple wars, myself, Nam, 1968 to 1971. Pull up a chair, relax, we have your back, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

memechose Wrote:Give me your facebook page and I'll go copy yours.Elkgrin

So you know I read your snarky button pushing remark and went ...

OH NO! He did not do that!

I don't do the nekkid pics... however if you want to whip out your wicked sense of humor, I'll pull out mine and see who's the man here....Elkgrin

WARNING!
In another forum (straight military) a guy was getting a newbie up to speed and warned him about me... he said,

"He (me) is to words what Hannibal Lector is to a box cutter."

I thanked the guy who said it then popped open his skull and made a sandwich with a good pitcher of domestic beer.Elkgrin

James Wrote:First off, Welcome back, glad that you survived, second welcome to GS, not a bad place to be to sort thoughts, Third is you will find vets here from multiple wars, myself, Nam, 1968 to 1971. Pull up a chair, relax, we have your back, Jim

Thanks guy. It's amazing how w-i-d-e the net opens when others know you're a vet. You know what I mean. Last year the water pump on my jeep went out on a SUNDAY 300 miles from home. I had my BF with me.I made it to a gas station off the interstate. The nearest parts store was 40 miles away and closed. Girl at the station chatted us up as I dug under the hood. Afghanistan came up in the talk. She made a phone call and two Nam vets came to my rescue. They pulled a water pump of one of their sons jeep to put on mine and tried not to take money. Then took us to their sad sad sad VFW post for a spaghetti meal and beers.

A month later I went back and set them up a set up for internet juke box and taught the old farts how to use their phones to operate it. Now it's one of my fun paces to go and hang out when I'm passing by. What's really neat is they don't give a F**k I'm gay. Now the son who donated the water pump is like my gay kid pet human.

Through our local VFW (1/8 mile from my house) I'm in a network of friends into the hundreds though we only have 28 vet members.

Iceblink Wrote:Hello memechose. Welcome to GS.Xyxwave

Hi Iceblink!
Coming here and running into so many guys (like you) in LTRs is a big big big big good thing that I've not found anywhere else.

I read one of your posts on another topic and sorta went into a civilized rant. Hope you didn't take it like I was attacking you cuz that wasn't what I was aiming to do. I just wanted to point out a few things that are big issues to me. --- and I know I make some gay people get hot when I express them but you ought to be around when I take on straight people about the same issues. It gets volcanic but in the end about half understand what I'm saying and start thinking about it.

The bottom line for the reply I made concerning your post about Log Cabin Republicans was this----

WE are better than religious fundamentalists and right wing extremists and we should act like it with what we say, do and think. They lie, talk trash and hate. We shouldn't. They have ZERO facts or reason to back up anything they say, do or think about gay people. We have ALL the facts and reason on our side and we should act, speak and think like we do and not resort to their levels of behavior or thinking.

And-- everything we say, do and think has an influence on everyone we encounter whether we like it or not. The only choice you and I have is whether to set a good example by what we say do and think or set a bad example. I choose to set the best example I possibly can and give everyone who's straight a good impression of gay people and a good role model for young gays.

But what do I know? I'm just a dumb queer red neck from a tiny town in South Dakota who believes I can change the world one person at a time...and I'm doing my best to do it.

CCRox Wrote:GS is different from every other forum I've been in or visit now. I hope you'll be part of what makes it special over the long haul! Wavey

I like your signature line and haven't found out how to do mine yet but will get around to it.

It'll read

Never become an emotional slave to the dilemmas and problems in your life. Happiness is generated from within and not something others can give or take from you.

I confess-----
I'm the guy who chases depressed people with an enema bag full of sunshine and rainbows.
I'm the guy who digs through head high piles of horse shit trying to rescue smothering ponies.
I'm the guy who finds the buckets while everyone else bitches about the leaky roof.

memechose Wrote:Hi Iceblink!
Coming here and running into so many guys (like you) in LTRs is a big big big big good thing that I've not found anywhere else.

I read one of your posts on another topic and sorta went into a civilized rant. Hope you didn't take it like I was attacking you cuz that wasn't what I was aiming to do. I just wanted to point out a few things that are big issues to me. --- and I know I make some gay people get hot when I express them but you ought to be around when I take on straight people about the same issues. It gets volcanic but in the end about half understand what I'm saying and start thinking about it.

The bottom line for the reply I made concerning your post about Log Cabin Republicans was this----

WE are better than religious fundamentalists and right wing extremists and we should act like it with what we say, do and think. They lie, talk trash and hate. We shouldn't. They have ZERO facts or reason to back up anything they say, do or think about gay people. We have ALL the facts and reason on our side and we should act, speak and think like we do and not resort to their levels of behavior or thinking.

And-- everything we say, do and think has an influence on everyone we encounter whether we like it or not. The only choice you and I have is whether to set a good example by what we say do and think or set a bad example. I choose to set the best example I possibly can and give everyone who's straight a good impression of gay people and a good role model for young gays.

But what do I know? I'm just a dumb queer red neck from a tiny town in South Dakota who believes I can change the world one person at a time...and I'm doing my best to do it.
I had to look back to see what you were talking about, because in my short time here I do not remember saying anything about Log Cabin Republicans. I found what you were talking about and the thread you are talking about is about GOProud, which is a different organization than Log Cabin Republicans.

Hey memechose! Welcome to GS!Xyxthumbs