Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm stunned
So I went on a date for the first time in... well... a long time. Everything seemed great. We had a lot in common, there was chatting and laughing and telling stories. Yet I couldn't get back in touch with him afterwards. Several days pass and he finally contacts me this morning and said that he didn't think it would work. When I asked why he told me that I'm just too ugly.

I didn't respond, mostly because I didn't know how to. I'm not sure how I feel, just kinda numb. I don't even know what to type right now.

Send him and be done with it. He did you a favor, you're better off without him

you know, some people are really ugly inside...

Your not ugly no one is. If he can't see the beauty in you he's a fool and your better off without him.
An eye for an eye

Miles Wrote:Send him *link* and be done with it. He did you a favor, you're better off without him

That made me laugh, thanks. Smile

I have to say, anyone enough of a d*ck to say that to anyone really isn't worth you're time.

It might not be much comfort, but you probably dodged a bullet with this guy.
I can't imagine he would have been nice to have a relationship with...

Try not to take it to heart anyway Smile

Krupt Wrote:So you didn't take the guy home and shag him all through the night and make him your boyfriend after meeting him for 5 minutes over a cup of coffee.

That makes you ugly?

Hmmm...Then I would assume there are a lot of ugly cunts in the world and only a few self proclaimed 'beautiful' people.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Miles Wrote:Send him and be done with it. He did you a favor, you're better off without him

OMG I heard this line in Weeds and lost my shit...

Panaxiom Wrote:So I went on a date for the first time in... well... a long time. Everything seemed great. We had a lot in common, there was chatting and laughing and telling stories. Yet I couldn't get back in touch with him afterwards. Several days pass and he finally contacts me this morning and said that he didn't think it would work. When I asked why he told me that I'm just too ugly.

I didn't respond, mostly because I didn't know how to. I'm not sure how I feel, just kinda numb. I don't even know what to type right now.

This is a person seeking something so specific that he deludes himself when it comes to what he actually needs, move on from it and be glad it didn't turn into some stupid game. We really need some old school dating where it isn't about the sex at the end.....

I had one guy tell me he wouldn't date me because I was too fat, that was until he saw me having a good time having a meal with someone else who had a very nice toned body. I remember the text I got with the grovelling and apologies from him for being such a dick, didn't stop a "2 finger salute" type of reaction from me though.

It's good for someone to be clear that they aren't interested. Not good to go into detail about why. Because that is only their opinion. What arrogance to think their individual opinion of you is of such consequence, that it forms a factual surmise of who you are. So important does he consider his opinion, that he feels duty found to share it... phew, lucky you got away! Something like that happened to me once, in the early days of social networking. To them I say; 'well, we can't all be gorgeous like you'. As if they ever are.