Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm stunned
Anyone who is incapable of giving polite reason for not continuing with a relationship and who resorts to remarks that he knows are hurtful, is not someone I would like to be associated with. As others have said, no matter what the exterior there is always beauty within. Many years ago I knew a Portuguese woman who was not on the outside, what anyone would describe as beautiful. She used to run a restauraunt and on the days that she was not there it was never the same atmosphere. She was the restaurant and she was an extremely popular woman.

In resume. You are well rid of the jerk.

Panaxiom Wrote:So I went on a date for the first time in... well... a long time. Everything seemed great. We had a lot in common, there was chatting and laughing and telling stories. Yet I couldn't get back in touch with him afterwards. Several days pass and he finally contacts me this morning and said that he didn't think it would work. When I asked why he told me that I'm just too ugly.

I didn't respond, mostly because I didn't know how to. I'm not sure how I feel, just kinda numb. I don't even know what to type right now.

Well that was certainly callous, but honest. It's a shame he felt he could be so brutal. How is anyone supposed to take such a comment as 'too ugly'? The thing I don't understand is why he contacted you after all these days? He could have let it go, couldn't he? Or had you been calling him a bit too often and he felt he was being stalked?

I don't know. If you had good chats and laughter together , he could at least have asked to remain friends (and never mention how unappealing you were to his sense of beauty). It sounds as if he doesn't deserve to be your friend, though, let alone a potential partner. Keep looking, and don't let one rotten apple taint the whole basket.

In the meantime if there's anything you can do to improve your appearance a bit, look for some professional help. By that I mean hairdressers, stylists, spectacles outfitters/opticians, dentists, doctors, nutritionists, dermatologists, sports coaches, etc... See if any of those can help. There are people out there who can help you improve how you look on the outside, but it's how you feel inside that should shine outside.

If you're feeling depressed and feel you've got nothing to give to the world, it's probably going to show, whatever your features and bone structure or body mass, no matter how blue your eyes are. Think first of yourself and your well-being and people may perceive you to be more than meets the eye, which is how most of us can get partners, long term or short term.

Remember that beauty is only in the eye of the beholder (and the beholder can be an arsehole) and also that beauty is skin deep. It's what's underneath that counts. Just try to see if you can make the packaging a bit more appealing, if it's worrying you.

Take care, and good luck. Bighug

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm pretty much over it now. I think it hit me as hard as it did because I never really thought of myself as "ugly." Sure, I'm no prince charming, but I don't recoil from myself in the mirror! So yeah, the guy was a jerk and I feel I dodged a bullet there.

Panaxiom Wrote:Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm pretty much over it now. I think it hit me as hard as it did because I never really thought of myself as "ugly." Sure, I'm no prince charming, but I don't recoil from myself in the mirror! So yeah, the guy was a jerk and I feel I dodged a bullet there.

Good for you. Now you can get on with your life.

Panaxiom Wrote:Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm pretty much over it now. I think it hit me as hard as it did because I never really thought of myself as "ugly." Sure, I'm no prince charming, but I don't recoil from myself in the mirror! So yeah, the guy was a jerk and I feel I dodged a bullet there.

The guy was a jerk and he doesn't deserve you at all. Surely there is a more polite way to express that. Now,set yourself free from this jerk~~ Baer

He's a jerk. If he can't cherish you as you are, he's not worthy enough . There's a lot more in a relationship than just phisical atraction . Also, i can assure you that in the INSIDE he's more than ROTTEN

Panaxiom Wrote:So I went on a date for the first time in... well... a long time. Everything seemed great. We had a lot in common, there was chatting and laughing and telling stories. Yet I couldn't get back in touch with him afterwards. Several days pass and he finally contacts me this morning and said that he didn't think it would work. When I asked why he told me that I'm just too ugly.

I didn't respond, mostly because I didn't know how to. I'm not sure how I feel, just kinda numb. I don't even know what to type right now.

Wow, what an asshole!! Don't even worry about it. You deserve better, clearly!

-edit

Actually I just looked at your pic, and you're not ugly at all.. you're actually quite cute! Fuck that douche. Excuse my language.

Anyway you're right, you dodged a bullet Smile.

Sorry sir. Won't happen again! SalookrSawink2

Buddy, those kinds of people are not worth the time, money or effort. Move on.

You'll be fine.

Smile

Ex-friend of mine was obsessed with his looks. He once told me, "I only date, hang around and kiss good looking people."

One day he came crying and whining at me. He said he was rejected by a guy. I asked him why. Apparently it was because that guy thinks he's not good looking enough for him.

What goes around comes around.

You get the idea why I dumped him from being my friend.

Panaxiom, you deserve someone better than him. You'll find someone greater who can actually appreciate you as who you are. Thumbs up.