Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm very weird man I guess....
I've thought a lot about my life lately and I realized I'm quite different from other people. I wanted to share my life with you so that you might give me your opinion on why am I the way I am.

I'm 22 years old man and I guess I'm not very sexual person. I've never wanted to have sex with another person, male or female. I believe I'm gay, because I know I'm attracted to men, not women, but that's just aesthetic attraction. I mean, I like looking at handsome men, but I look at them at the same way people look at some pretty paintings, for example. Like, I look at the guy and think "yes, he's really cute", but I don't want to sleep with him or have some closer relationships with him. And I don't look at women in that way at all. I'm dreadfully afraid of all kinds of diseases that you can get from sex, as no protection is 100% safe. I'm a virgin and I've never had a boyfriend or any serious relationship. I've never even kissed, I've never had the chance, to be honest but even if there would be a chance, I most likely wouldn't do it.

However - I do like to masturbate. I do it quite often, when I feel the need to relax and forget about everything. I like doing it with myself, but I know I could never do it with another person. The thought about having sex with other person is unacceptable to me. I know I couldn't let anyone that close to me.

I've not been abused or something, I've felt this way my whole life. The thought of asexuality has crossed my mind, but if I like masturbate, I can't be asexual then I guess. What would you say?

Being Asexual is what ever you wan to mean, Your not weird at all mate. You are well you! There isn't any right or wrong.

I think I'm pansexual but other people have different thoughts with the meaning of that word.

If you are 22.....you have grown up with the notion that SEX=DEATH whether your realize it or not.....

When we gay men go into the closet quite often a part of our personality creates either a forced heterosexual or asexual persona, and we stay this way until we fully accept who we are, we then come out of the closet to ourselves.

What do you think about when you masturbate? you do not have to tell us, just ask yourself and get the answer for yourself. This will tell what your true sexual nature is.

Take your time coming to terms with your sexuality is never easy for anyone, websites and help in your community should be available if you need it.

Yes sex can be scary in regards to diseases, but we all have to take that chance in life if we are to satisfy a area in are lives, and remember using protection will lessen the risk.

Take the time you need top come to terms with your true nature, i am sure you will be okay in time.

You're talking like being weird is a bad thing.

You have got some really great responses only thing i can add is if you feel like you can be happy this way then go for it. After all your the one who needs to be happy and alot of people do go thru life like this. So after 22 yrs you should know what you want you have alot support here if you need it. Good luck and keep masterbating!!!!!

Also your not weird not at all dude.

I've read that some asexual do masturbate despite they're not interested in having sex. So I wouldn't rule out asexuality,but you could also go and see a doctor to check if there's any hormone imbalance that might have caused this before ruling in asexuality. Weird? Please,this is not weird at all,just a lot of people would have preferred differently. Smile

You're probably asexual with a slight homosexual tint. Sexuality is complicated, you can't always put a label on it.

You're fine the way you are, if you're meant to be with someone they will find you and you will find them, but in the meantime it would probably be more beneficial for you to not worry about your sexuality. It sounds like you already know yourself very thoroughly, labeling yourself would probably just confuse you.

I would've thought an asexual person would masturbate less, so I am leaning towards East's response. It's a good thing to be aware of STDs, but completely cutting off sexual relationships because of that fear, sounds unhealthy. If "we" are right about these assumptions, you are sexually active but sating your appetite by masturbating and thus never realising that you actually do want/need male sexual companionship.
We're not all sick and it's perfectly possible to find a healthy monogamous boyfriend.

I haven't had sex with anyone for 4 years. I don't think there's anything wrong with just masturbation if that's your choice and it's not unhealthy unless you are repressing yourself. For me, it's what I prefer to do as I don't want to bring my current health and emotional issues into a relationship.

Enjoy pleasuring yourself. Smile