Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need Android apps!
I recently bought a few Android tablets for my classes and I'm really happy with my investment. The kids (ages 16 - 19) love them and the possibilities are endless.

The problem is I'm not familiar with Android at all.

So far, we've only done memes using Gallery and Fast Notepad.

Tourism apps (offline only!) would be great but any other subject is fine.

Any tips? Thanks in advance!

There's an Easter Egg. If you go to Settings->More(this step can be skipped for some androids)->About Phone->Android-version

If you tap the android version really quickly several times, there will be a surprise waiting. Smile
Bad Piggy is a great app. It's sort of like build your own machine to clear a stage game, it might help the students learn a lot of building ideas. You could also download jigsaw puzzles, they are always fun. You can also download piano simulator for music as well; there are also drums and other things. I also recommend Android development! they are just plain fun to do! You can download Python on android and program there.

Waylon777 Wrote:There's [...] Bad Piggy is a great app. It's sort of like build your own machine to clear a stage game, it might help the students learn a lot of building ideas. [...]

It sounds interesting but it's probably too complicated for these kids (e.g. a 17 y.o. student of mine didn't know that 1 hour = 60 min. TRUE STORY!)

Thanks for your tips!

Any other ideas?