Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need advice
I've read some medical article just about one hour ago. Now i see clearly reason of my weird nevroutical behavior
"The subjects dealing with failed relationships showed activity in the dopamine system -- suggesting they maintained intense feelings for their loved one. But they also showed activity in brain regions associated with risk taking, controlling anger and obsessive compulsive problems. Notably, the scans showed activity in one part of the brain linked with physical pain.".

How to handle with a love addiction, lack o attention and so on. I can't use a normal way to free myself from this problem. Any advice. I'm just searching for mental survival.

I wouldn't read too much into self diagnosis from Google... but the best way to get out of any ruts, or over someone you've been in love, infatuated, obsessed with... is to make some drastic changes in your life and routine and keep busy. Meet and spend time with other people.

The diagnosis is only helpful if it helps you with the treatment. Smile

Lex

While the internet is helpful in finding POTENTIAL underlying causes for whatever, the reality is that a professional is best to do the diagnosis itself.

When it comes to emotional/mental health issues - there is usually a far more larger and more complicated picture here. Whilst many a doctor do reduce it to one or a few diagnosis, most patients are not just suffering from those chief diagnosis but have other things going on.

Take PTSD as an example, many of its symptoms can readily disguise or hide other clinical issues as the symptoms of PTSD are like a plethora of other mental/emotional health issues.

Until I opened up and discussed with a bit of honesty the reality of my childhood with a psychologist, I had been diagnosed with many labels, from chronic depression, to anxiety issues, to mania... It's not until the final piece(s) of the puzzle fell in place that I got the accurate diagnosis and the correct set of tools to work with the side effects of having PTSD that I actually started to improve.

Mind few mental/emotional health issues have a 'cure' there are treatments, most which aim to improve the quality of life for the patient, some aim to reduce or even knock out a few of the side effects - like PTSD triggers - but the underlying ailment is usually there for life.

Just because you stumble across a piece that sounds 'like me' (you) doesn't mean it is you. It may be a good place to start from with a professional, but it is not a good idea to slap this label on yourself and try to heal yourself.