Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need advice please .
Hello everyone .

First of all I am a new member here I hope everyone is ok .

Here the story :

I became 31 old in last month my partner is 53 old

We knew each onther before we met in USA in 2010 , we chatted on Skype everyday . Than we decided to come and study in school until I graduate and I looking form job than green card , but what happened about DOMA changed everything . My partner pay for me everything , and I kept telling him everyday I need to work to help u , he doesn't accepted it , 'cause he afried someone find out and I will get trouble . However , he want to get Marriy and apply for me green card .

The problem here is I am from difficult country , against gay people , so if we get married and I got green card to u thing they will find out .

I wanna stay here but I have to visit my family back and forth , please advice me I am nervous .

I am so sorry if there any mistakes . Still working to improve language .

Need advice to apply for green card or keep going on student visa

Firstly, welcome to the site.

I'm well out of date here but when I applied for a green card I was told I shouldn't leave the country as I may not be able to get back in. You may want to check on that.

How long does the student visa last and can you renew it?

Even with a green card the powers that be can deport you, they can always find some excuse if they want, if you want to stay, consider becoming a citizen, it's a long road but once there you have many more rights, plus you could go to any country to visit, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

If you overstay on a visitors visa (90 days in country at any one time) they will deport you next time you try and get back into the US.

If you overstay with no visa, then your classed an illegal alien, and subject to arrest and deportation. Does not matter if you have a US b/f or are married.

ObW
x

Spellbound Wrote:Firstly, welcome to the site.

I'm well out of date here but when I applied for a green card I was told I shouldn't leave the country as I may not be able to get back in. You may want to check on that.

How long does the student visa last and can you renew it?
Thank u
I will find out about this .
I have a visa will expiry in 2017

James Wrote:Even with a green card the powers that be can deport you, they can always find some excuse if they want, if you want to stay, consider becoming a citizen, it's a long road but once there you have many more rights, plus you could go to any country to visit, Jim

Hello Jim

I know if I want it won't be easy , but I am here for reason to be with who I love
It's not easy to make two people together , I had one relationship before but it didn't work

OlderButWiser Wrote:If you overstay on a visitors visa (90 days in country at any one time) they will deport you next time you try and get back into the US.

If you overstay with no visa, then your classed an illegal alien, and subject to arrest and deportation. Does not matter if you have a US b/f or are married.

ObW
x

No I am here legal here , I respect all rules I have a visa student and it still works .

First you have to become a citizen of this country.

Once that is done, then you should not have any problems.

Right now, because you still have a green card, there isnt anything you can do.

Just to be sure though, you can see if there are any international Gay and Lesbian organizations. You can contact them for some advice. Other than that, you are pretty much subject to being deported for any reason, until you are a citizen.