Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help from closet homosexuals. (I'm straight.)
Hello there,
My ex boyfriend was agrophobic nd i helped him overcome this... He suffered alot of anxiety attacks and was very very nervous about meeting new people... Now i do understand where your coming from however your not alone because regardless of sexual oprientation race or colour we all suffer some form of confidence issues... Yours however seems very very low when meeting people... I taught my ex boyfriend that in life when you go out that door and meet people begin with a Hi... Talk about alsorts of topics within life and force yourself to go out there dont feel trapped because inside you there is another smaller version of you that your not setting free as your punishing the outside you....
When you can whatever makes you feel scared for example just walking down the road to the shop.... For a week walk down the bastard road to the shop and get a newspaper or packet of crisps and then walk back... Force yourself to Not run but to take a steady easy pace whereby you can take in the surrounds around you... Dont feel that confidence will stop you because your not in a prison your as free as need to be and walking down the road isnt a criminal offence... I would recommend after a week of this then venture further and instead of the end of the road walk into town but this time for a different reason.... Walk into town buying a newspaper on the way and visit a local park whereby you can read the newspaper whilst enjoying the outside world... Build your confidence up this way and interact with local dog walkers and improve oin your social skills and only then and from that point onwards can you focus on going onwards and upwards to the point your ready to meet the right girl... Hoqwever dont let any girl knock your confidence as your end up starting all over again if you do...

If you want to join upto this forum feel free... We may be a prodominant gay forum but trust me your be safe ere for advice and whatnot... If anything goes wrong let agony aunt zeon know and she will ave to get the damn whip out Tongue

Best of luck mister and hope it goes well and ya report back to us

Kindest regards

Aunty Zeon x

zeon Wrote:Hello there,
My ex boyfriend was agrophobic nd i helped him overcome this... He suffered alot of anxiety attacks and was very very nervous about meeting new people... Now i do understand where your coming from however your not alone because regardless of sexual oprientation race or colour we all suffer some form of confidence issues... Yours however seems very very low when meeting people... I taught my ex boyfriend that in life when you go out that door and meet people begin with a Hi... Talk about alsorts of topics within life and force yourself to go out there dont feel trapped because inside you there is another smaller version of you that your not setting free as your punishing the outside you....
When you can whatever makes you feel scared for example just walking down the road to the shop.... For a week walk down the bastard road to the shop and get a newspaper or packet of crisps and then walk back... Force yourself to Not run but to take a steady easy pace whereby you can take in the surrounds around you... Dont feel that confidence will stop you because your not in a prison your as free as need to be and walking down the road isnt a criminal offence... I would recommend after a week of this then venture further and instead of the end of the road walk into town but this time for a different reason.... Walk into town buying a newspaper on the way and visit a local park whereby you can read the newspaper whilst enjoying the outside world... Build your confidence up this way and interact with local dog walkers and improve oin your social skills and only then and from that point onwards can you focus on going onwards and upwards to the point your ready to meet the right girl... Hoqwever dont let any girl knock your confidence as your end up starting all over again if you do...

If you want to join upto this forum feel free... We may be a prodominant gay forum but trust me your be safe ere for advice and whatnot... If anything goes wrong let agony aunt zeon know and she will ave to get the damn whip out Tongue

Best of luck mister and hope it goes well and ya report back to us

Kindest regards

Aunty Zeon x

He is a very lucky guy to meet a person like u Biggthumpup

[QUOTE=Everhard;102256
Whether you like it or not, human beings are social animals. You're not going to just erase your primal instincts, you really need to learn to manage your anxiety and get out in the world."[/QUOTE]
Some people can't do it themselves and when it 's like that, it calls a disorder.

I firmly believe you (the OP) should seek for professional help.

HyperactiveWP Wrote:He is a very lucky guy to meet a person like u Biggthumpup
If someone has a problem in life i try to help them by visioning myself in their shoes and i figure out what id do if i was them... I have a massive phobia of rollercoasters but last year i went to chessington world of adventures and for the first time in 13 years i got on a rollercoaster Vampire... Being stuck in life can be both daunting and challenging and what may seem easy to you and me can be totally difficult for someone else...

My ex only realised how lucky he was to have me when we split because he bedding my mate and i moved 800 miles back down south... He only realised after our mutual "mate" broke his nose in a fight and then he apologised but it was too late i wasnt moving back Smile

kindest regards

zeon xc

posterpicture Wrote:Some people can't do it themselves and when it 's like that, it calls a disorder.

I firmly believe you (the OP) should seek for professional help.

Which is why I've (repeatedly) suggested he seek professional psychiatric help like everyone else has.

I think all this professional help could depend upon what type of person he is... If his like me and wants to sort it out himself to show himself he can do what he wants to do then that might be a better idea than a professional... I do find alot of people go seek help where maybe they could do it themselves id only use help as a major last resort

OrphanPip Wrote:Oh come on people, he's clearly trolling.

Stop feeding him.

That hurt a lot. I have never felt so alienated from society as reading your comment. Am I really that alone in not having the pleasures that other people have? Why me?

Anonymous Wrote:That hurt a lot. I have never felt so alienated from society as reading your comment. Am I really that alone in not having the pleasures that other people have? Why me?

Dont take his opinion personal.... I understand where your coming from and this forum isnt about making people alienated irresspective of whether they are down as annoymous or not its a place which should be treating everyone with the same dignity and respect which we expect back ourselves....

Now with regards to you being alone i wouldnt expect your alone in this... Alot of people do suffer some sort of confidence issue regardless how great or small it is... I can only walk into pubs if i know the venue otherwise i clam up inside and feel like everyone is gonna watch me.. On behalf of Orphan pip id like to apologise for any offence caused...

Kindest regards

Zeon

Looking back on this post over all comments left may i ask a question which you dont need to answer if you dont wish to...

With no embarrissment or confidence knocked Do you suffer from a condition known as Agrophobia??? Its a fear of outside which can cause one to become stuck within their walls of their home

If so i may be able to help ya overcome it as i did with an ex of mine.. If you wish to make a username to message me in private please feel free to do so and i promise you (witnessed by all members within the gayspeak forum) anything you say shall be kept in strictest confidence..

Kindest regards

zeon

Anonymous Wrote:First of all. I do realize and respect the fact that this is a gay site. That's why I wont introduce myself in the new members section. I'm only here for one question. Homosexuals have been abstinent from men for thousands of years. I assume there are members here that might keep their sexuality locked away.

I suffer from Social Anxiety. I cannot talk to anyone, yet alone courting a woman. I am even too shy to look at women. I have long since accepted that I'll be forever alone. I will not hire a prostitute. So I decided to stop wanting women. It worked for a while, I really didn't want any.

But now I want one so bad! It doesn't go away no matter what I do. Maybe there is a homosexual here that mastered to keep the desires at bay who could help me?

Please!

You may not like what you are about to read. But I was JUST like you. I couldnt talk to people. I was very shy. And when I did speak it was like the clouds opened up and angels descended. However, I got fet up with being alone and letting the myself thing that I couldnt be social. What i started off doing first was Journaling. It helpled a GREAT deal. I would journal about anything and everything under the sun. Literally. Then I got a book called 'what to say and what not to say by Susan Roanne and it changed my life forever. heres something that might help....85% of Americans are shy...so dont make a big deal about it and others wont.....kindest regards!!!!!!!!!!!!